Search similar:

uniqs
« account lockedHow much data am I using? »
page: 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 ... 35 · 36 · 37 · next
Jim_in_VA (banned)
join:2004-07-11
Cobbs Creek, VA

Jim_in_VA (banned)

anyone get the email about eliminating plans?

"Sprint has discontinued service to our gateway provider, unfortunately
that means we can no longer provide the Unlimited or BYOD Plan to you"

jakcb
@spcsdns.net

jakcb

Anon

Yes! I'm a little freaked by it. Just got the new netgear modem from them. Just started getting sprint 4g. Ugh.
shriva
join:2010-08-08
Grand Bay, AL

shriva to Jim_in_VA

to Jim_in_VA
Yes, just got it..

Sprint has discontinued service to our gateway provider, unfortunately
that means we can no longer provide the Unlimited or BYOD Plan to you.

We anticipate your plan to be discontinued by Sprint by the end of this
month. We can offer a couple options for you available through October 31, 2013.

1.  Continue your service through the BMI.net Unlimited/BYOD Plan. They
have agreed to honor your service through the end of this month at no
charge with an ongoing monthly service fee of $79.99.
2.  Switch your service to the Millenicom 20GB Hotspot Plan. We will
provide a Novatel MiFi 4620LE with activation and shipping free of charge.

Given this is out of our control, we recommend that you act on this at
your earliest convenience. To resolve this issue click:
»docs.google.com/forms/d/ ··· viewform
(Do not reply to this email)

We deeply regret this circumstance,

Millenicom
UnknownFact
Premium Member
join:2004-02-08

UnknownFact to Jim_in_VA

Premium Member

to Jim_in_VA
Yep just got it! Reading more into it now >
shriva
join:2010-08-08
Grand Bay, AL

shriva

So I can keep it the way it is.. Under bmi.net (their unlimited plan has a cap of 30gig where they look at you though..)
Or switch to the 20gig plan? I think that's $69 a month? Is that Verizon?
w5nl0
join:2011-11-13

w5nl0 to Jim_in_VA

to Jim_in_VA
I thought that was too good to last. That SUX!
Jim_in_VA (banned)
Cobbs Creek, VA

Jim_in_VA (banned)

looks like even if you have the plan it will be canceled
UnknownFact
Premium Member
join:2004-02-08

UnknownFact to shriva

Premium Member

to shriva
Ouch, just found that 30gig cap too. Well time to find another provider. Was a good four years with Millenicom, need to check if by chance a WISP is around my area.

jakcb
@spcsdns.net

jakcb

Anon

Just emailed wireless n wifi to see if they would let me byod. Still $79 but I'm not sure about the soft cap. Anyone know?
Jim_in_VA (banned)
Cobbs Creek, VA

Jim_in_VA (banned)

My guess is wireless n wifi will be making a similar announcement

jakcb
@spcsdns.net

jakcb

Anon

I'm afraid of that too. Egad what will us rural folks do?
thepipe
join:2013-10-18
USA

thepipe

Incredible. Just when I found a no-drama plan and company, this happens. Anyone ever use BMI or have experience with them?

Jack_in_VA
Premium Member
join:2007-11-26
North, VA

Jack_in_VA to Jim_in_VA

Premium Member

to Jim_in_VA
Ok just submitted my application for the hotspot plan using a a Novatel MiFi 4620LE with activation and shipping free of charge.
thepipe
USA

thepipe

For which company, Jack?

Jack_in_VA
Premium Member
join:2007-11-26
North, VA

Jack_in_VA

Premium Member

said by thepipe:

For which company, Jack?

Millenicom (Verizon)
thepipe
USA

thepipe

Got it. Verizon just activated 4G in my area, but the 20GB limit was a deal-breaker. The Sprint/Millenicom arrangement was just perfect.
JohnG03

JohnG03 to Jim_in_VA

to Jim_in_VA
Looks like bmi's S network as they call it is still sprint atleast, so assuming the company is competent we should have the same service as with Millenicom, just with a 30gig cap.
criggs
join:2000-07-14
New York, NY

criggs

Look, Jim is saying wireless n wifi may have to do the same thing. If he's right, doesn't that mean BMI will also be pulling the plug in a month or so?

I notice Millenicom's web site is still listing the plan. Boy, this might very well have happened minutes ago.
JohnG03

JohnG03

Plan is still listed, but if you click it it redirects to the verizon hotspot plan, that's the only one you can order right now.
criggs
New York, NY

criggs to shriva

to shriva
said by shriva:

their unlimited plan has a cap of 30gig where they look at you though..

Hmmm. Could there be wiggle room there? I notice that their exact phrase is "acceptable use for unlimited data is 30 Gigs." Might that mean that the 30 gig cap only applies to the unlimited plan, not to the smaller plans.

Also, rather intriguingly, I notice there's an overage cap of $100 on the 10 gig plan. If the 30 gig cap only applies to the unlimited plan, then the 10 gig plan might actually be a not-bad deal. But I'm not sure that makes sense; that would mean that the 10 gig plan and the unlimited plan effectively costs the same for heavy users.
ajanis
join:2004-10-19
Oswego, IL

ajanis to criggs

to criggs
said by criggs:

I notice Millenicom's web site is still listing the plan. Boy, this might very well have happened minutes ago.

Probably longer. I have been trying for about 2-3 days to setup a new BYOD plan and it kept saying invalid plan selection.

The plan cycles with Sprint technically end on the 19th into the 20th - when data counts reset. I am on vacation right now (started today) - and will be upset if this goes bunk overnight and I am without connectivity for the next 6 days.

fred_5675457
@107.39.155.x

fred_5675457 to Jim_in_VA

Anon

to Jim_in_VA
well this is lousy.

i've been customer of Millenicom since about 2008 iirc except for a few months with the Virgin Mobile debacle. The email is kind of odd so i was hoping it was some kind of phishing attempt. Guess not
Golferdude
join:2009-04-01
Georgetown, TX

Golferdude to Jim_in_VA

to Jim_in_VA
I got the letter also. When you look at BMI's website, it shows the Sprint broadband plan at 59.99/mon with a 2 yr contract. So it looks like if you want a contract it is $20/month cheaper? It also says 4G is unlimited data and 3G has a 5 gig limit. Why would they say unlimited and not put in 30 gig limit like they have stated the 3G limit? I tried their chat function, and the guy said it has a 30 gig limit. I asked why the website said unlimited and with the 3G listing the 5 Gig limit, he vanished, waited 5 minutes and finally disconnected...so not sure. I will call Monday to see. Does anyone know if I will get to keep the Franklin U-770 I just got from Millenicom recently?
Golferdude

Golferdude to fred_5675457

to fred_5675457
I thought the same thing...no phone numbers or anything...so I called to see if it was true. I did ask if Millenicom was owned by BMI or has any ownership in BMI. He said not to his knowledge.

jakcd
@spcsdns.net

jakcd

Anon

No byod with wireless n wifi. Asked it they were having any similar issues with sprint nd they said they were always trying to stay out of trouble with sprint! So maybe they are good for now, who knows. Don't really want to pony up for a another new modem in less than 2 months.
ajanis
join:2004-10-19
Oswego, IL

ajanis

I was just pondering the impact of this announcement.

Dennis (Millenicom owner) is probably in a bit of a panic, or has likely had a few sleepless nights leading up to this action. I am sure they knew about this eventuality and were trying to work around this through some sort of negotiations - right up until the 11th hour and the final stand was lost.

This action was not taken lightly - it is a game changer for the business. Millenicom has very likely lost at least half of their customer base with this action.

I will likely move to the Verizon plan via Millenicom and continue to support their efforts and business.

fred_6587849
@107.39.155.x

fred_6587849

Anon

yeah, i was thinking about that too. Millenicom has always treated me right for about 5 years now and i don't really need a 50 gb plan.

laurie186
@75.85.168.x

laurie186

Anon

I got it too. Figured it was to good to last. But thank you for your posts. I will stick with Millenicom as you all speak very highly of it. Thank you.
cbobby7
join:2009-06-14
New Windsor, MD

cbobby7 to Jim_in_VA

to Jim_in_VA
I just got the email
Friday nite sent 8:39 ET

I'm screwed

the only signal I get at my house is Sprint 3G

If this new company BMI.Net dosen't work out I'm back to the Stone AGE
criggs
New York, NY

criggs

If I'm not mistaken, BMI.net uses Sprint. So if you can get Sprint 3G at your house, then you should be okay with BMI.