Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT

Subaru

Premium Member

Purolator oil filters and autozone

For the longest time I've always wondered why Autozone never sold any Purolator stuff.. anyone know why?
daveinpoway
Premium Member
join:2006-07-03
Poway, CA

daveinpoway

Premium Member

I'll take a guess (since I have never worked for AutoZone) that their purchasing people weren't able to negotiate a satisfactory price with the Purolator sales reps.
XXXXXXXXXXX1
Premium Member
join:2006-01-11
Beverly Hills, CA

XXXXXXXXXXX1 to Subaru

Premium Member

to Subaru
said by Subaru:

For the longest time I've always wondered why Autozone never sold any Purolator stuff.. anyone know why?

I have wondered that myself. I have read some data that puts the Purolator PureONE a little above Wix, making me rethink my filter choice... I think I might give Purolator a shot once my Wix filters are used up.

Autozone not carrying them is not a big deal for me... I have an Autozone, Advance Auto Parts, and a NAPA within a stone's throw.

Lurch77
Premium Member
join:2001-11-22
Green Bay, WI

Lurch77 to Subaru

Premium Member

to Subaru
said by Subaru:

For the same reasons a dealership family may not sell a certain car brand, or an HVAC company my not be a Carrier dealer, or a bicycle shop may not sell Trek, or.....
There are many reasons that a business doesn't sell certain brands. Maybe the owner feels another competitive brand is a better product, or they couldn't get the pricing they wanted for a product, or a product company does not agree with a business on some issues, maybe a product company has exclusive contracts with other businesses, etc. Or it could be that a business wants something different from what a competitive business is selling.

You probably will not get the exact answer you want without talking to the purchasing department for Auto Zone. And even then they would probably just give you some generic answer lacking any real details.

quitaccount
DSLR sucks cocks
Premium Member
join:2000-11-13

quitaccount to Subaru

Premium Member

to Subaru
I have used only pure one filters for years, on my trucks and my R6.

I don't know why autozone doesn't carry them beyond the reasons already posted, but advance auto does have them, and that's where I get them

aurgathor
join:2002-12-01
Lynnwood, WA

aurgathor to Subaru

to Subaru
I'm guessing that when they negotiated an agreement with some brand they sell, there was a stipulation that they can't sell brand X and brand Y.