All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
BosstonesOwn
join:2002-12-15
Wakefield, MA

BosstonesOwn to dave

to dave

Re: [Staff] Real quick career question...

It is a pay raise, the owner has a crap ton of money from being a venture capitalist, and is looking to make more... I am not poorly paid where I am, I am actually above the bands and make more then my IT director. Problem is fortune 100 type atmosphere where when I need parts asap, there is to much paperwork to let me keep my environment up. There are not a lot of us there and its painful at times.

I've been at a handful of start ups. Im used to it, and Im ok with that, me and 9 to 5 never agreed anyway. hell as it is now Im in there at 7 and leaving at 4 just to go home and work till 10 to 11.

About the boss I have been told multiple times, by 3 different people that the manager is pretty bad. Makes life miserable and micro manages everything and every one. Im all about people and environment also, don't care about much else.

Tough to find a job like I have now, but it's easy to find better paying less hours. If that makes any sense.
dave
Premium Member
join:2000-05-04
not in ohio

dave

Premium Member

Sounds like you've convinced yourself?

If the atmosphere isn't right over there, little else matters.

DadeMurphy
Premium Member
join:2002-07-25
Danvers, MA

DadeMurphy to BosstonesOwn

Premium Member

to BosstonesOwn
said by BosstonesOwn:

I am actually above the bands and make more then my IT director. Problem is fortune 100 type atmosphere where when I need parts asap, there is to much paperwork to let me keep my environment up. There are not a lot of us there and its painful at times.

Sounds like IBM... I left a similar situation for a "35 year old startup" it was the right move for me but I didn't have the problem of a racist as my potential new boss.

To me environment is everything, I wouldn't have left my old job that was lacking in some aspects of the environment I was looking for just to go to another job that was lacking in different aspects of the environment I want. Just my take though.
BosstonesOwn
join:2002-12-15
Wakefield, MA

BosstonesOwn to dave

to dave
That I have, talking with a friend at a start up at the moment about being there