how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ashkir

join:2013-10-20
Bakersfield, CA

[Bakersfield] Bill Raised, by double?

When I first got Bright House services back in around '09 it was about $100 a month. This was a sizable chunk of my total income. This is roughly 20% of my income. Now, with the bill being raised over time, it jumped to $175 earlier this year, I called they lowered it to $125ish. But, now, the bill has been raised to $237.20 a month No services has been added or removed except for a period of last year Bright House came and replaced my modem saying they no longer provided X speed and charged me $15 more for the new speed. Now that on my bill says $20 more. So in all and all $237.20 is ridiculous. This is now 56% of all my income (my income dropped a little bit). This is too much.

Does anyone know if Bright House just offers internet? It's not worth paying $25 for phone and $165 for cable.

Trimline
Premium
join:2004-10-24
Windermere, FL
Reviews:
·ObiVoice
·Bright House
·Callcentric
·voip.ms
said by ashkir:

Does anyone know if Bright House just offers internet? It's not worth paying $25 for phone and $165 for cable.

They should. My neighbor here in Florida pays about 65.00 for just internet services. Just call and ask, speed various as well as price.

He also dropped cable TV and uses an OTA antenna and gets all the primary stations (like 50 stations). For his phone, he moved to VoIP.

You could check your address for TV here: »antennaweb.org/

Mr Matt

join:2008-01-29
Eustis, FL
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Millenicom
·Embarq Now Centu..
·Comcast
·CenturyLink
reply to ashkir
Check with BrightHouse to determine what the monthly fee is for the lowest basic cable tier with internet or internet only. In my area Comcast charges $21.75 for limited basic + $51.95 for Performance. Internet only is $64.95. Check with BrightHouse to see if the same price structure applies.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:148
reply to ashkir
said by ashkir:

When I first got Bright House services back in around '09 it was about $100 a month. This was a sizable chunk of my total income. This is roughly 20% of my income. Now, with the bill being raised over time, it jumped to $175 earlier this year, I called they lowered it to $125ish. But, now, the bill has been raised to $237.20 a month No services has been added or removed except for a period of last year Bright House came and replaced my modem saying they no longer provided X speed and charged me $15 more for the new speed. Now that on my bill says $20 more. So in all and all $237.20 is ridiculous. This is now 56% of all my income (my income dropped a little bit). This is too much.

I suspect you are misreading your bill, have a prorated bill or there is a past due balance involved here. This is easily explained and remedied in all cases. I have a bigger concern which revolves around you. You mentioned the percentage of income your bill represents and this is just not sustainable. I want to keep you as a happy customer long term so we need to be realistic about needs vs wants and come up with a solution that is sustainable while still meeting your needs. Please reach out to me in our direct forums and we'll get the process of explaining your bill and getting you taken care of.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

Beware u

join:2009-12-26

2 edits
reply to ashkir
deleted........................

bighorn1

join:2004-06-19
Bakersfield, CA
reply to ashkir
Isn't Combo Plus (rr turbo + digital cable + phone) like $130 per month?

tim tim tim

join:2010-08-14
Lutz, FL
kudos:2
reply to ashkir
100 a month is 20% of your income? damn dude you need to drop the TV all together..

Beware u

join:2009-12-26
reply to bighorn1
Click for full size
said by bighorn1:

Isn't Combo Plus (rr turbo + digital cable + phone) like $130 per month?

That is about right.... I suspect he was using Pay on demand shows or Premium channels.:

"(rr turbo + digital cable + phone) like $130 per month? " : Can be had for $107+Receiver-Modem+Tx a month for 2 yrs.
The BHN price Sheet for Central Florida is probably pretty much the same for all BHN areas (give or take a few $$)

motoracer

join:2003-09-15
united state
reply to ashkir
If 56% of your income is going towards an internet bill, you have your priorities mixed up.

DanG1974

join:2005-06-26
Saint Petersburg, FL
Or he might be on disability. That's my case. My BH bill is $50 higher than my monthly rent.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to ashkir
The unfortunate part is we will never know because he never responded nor did he reach out to me. I genuinely wanted to resolve this and see what we could do about getting him into something more budget friendly....

ashkir

join:2013-10-20
Bakersfield, CA
reply to DanG1974
This is it! Terminally ill since childhood. Things are starting to look up now.

Digital Combo 92.33; Turbo High Speed Internet 20.00; Home Phone 22.50; Movie Pass (No idea what this is, just appeared on a bill) 14.37; HBO/Starz 56.00; HDR 11.95, 11.95, 3.50 Modem, 9.24 fee, 4.47 taxes.

I want to cut some things, but, I have to go across the city to even turn in boxes, which busses don't serve the area. Busses in our area sucks, big time. Otherwise taking a bike would be around 4 hours to get there.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
said by ashkir:

This is it! Terminally ill since childhood. Things are starting to look up now.

Digital Combo 92.33; Turbo High Speed Internet 20.00; Home Phone 22.50; Movie Pass (No idea what this is, just appeared on a bill) 14.37; HBO/Starz 56.00; HDR 11.95, 11.95, 3.50 Modem, 9.24 fee, 4.47 taxes.

I want to cut some things, but, I have to go across the city to even turn in boxes, which busses don't serve the area. Busses in our area sucks, big time. Otherwise taking a bike would be around 4 hours to get there.

Reach out to me here »Bright House Networks Direct and include your modem MAC and I will be in touch.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~