uniqs
share rss forum feed

vukodlak75
Nisam Ti Dude
Premium,MVM
join:2001-10-27
Willoughby, OH

[ML] Vuescan/user Library folder

I had to install Vuescan to can some old photos (Image Capture's color restoration is not working with my scanner even though it did prior to Mountain Lion).
I noticed after I'm done using Vuescan and close the App my [hidden] Library folder is visible. I used chflags hidden to hide it again and make sure it was Vuescan and sure enough it became visible again after using Vuescan. I contacted there support but have not heard back from them yet.
Has anyone else that uses Vuescan inOS X 10.8.5 noticed this?
This is annoying because I like it to be hidden.
--
Money can't buy you happiness ... But it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.

Sebehk
United States Navy Retired, 1993-2013
Premium
join:2002-02-09
Pueblo, CO
Reviews:
·Comcast
·AT&T U-Verse
That is very odd. I have been using VueScan for many years and my ~/Library folder is still hidden. Not sure if it is because I'm still on 10.7.5 (on my MacPro1,1).

Where/what folder(s) do your scans get saved as a file (JPG, PDF, TIFF, etc.)?

--->Robert
8-)
--
Warning: This message is protected by ROT-26 encryption. Permission is required to decrypt, reverse engineer, read silently, read aloud, print, copy, post, email, broadcast, save, store, backup or delete.

vukodlak75
Nisam Ti Dude
Premium,MVM
Willoughby, OH
reply to vukodlak75
saved as jpg at /users/me/pictures/scanned

Stacy
FotoDogue
Premium
join:2001-11-02
New York, NY
reply to vukodlak75
Have you downloaded the latest update to Vuescan?

I haven't noticed the Library issue but I did have something else...

Downloaded whatever version that was current as of a week or two ago. Everything was fine when I scanned transparencies but then I tried some B&W negatives. Both preview and the actual scan had some odd texture and lines that made the scans unusable. I actually thought there was something wrong with my scanner...but I downloaded this week's version and B&W negatives seem to be scanning normally.

OS 10.8.5
Nikon Super Coolscan 5000 ED

vukodlak75
Nisam Ti Dude
Premium,MVM
Willoughby, OH
reply to vukodlak75
Well, seems like this is normal and annoying.
quote:
Yes, VueScan unhides this folder so people can find the vuescan.log file.

--
Money can't buy you happiness ... But it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
reply to vukodlak75
Whats the problem with leaving library visible... It's been that way for years until they decided to dumb it down since 10.7.
--

vukodlak75
Nisam Ti Dude
Premium,MVM
Willoughby, OH
Personal preference. I really don't want to see it, I'm used to it being hidden now.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21

1 recommendation

Ah... maybe you can make an automator or applescript that will re-hide it after the app is closed....

Hack & slash I know, but it might just do what you need.
--

vukodlak75
Nisam Ti Dude
Premium,MVM
Willoughby, OH
Now, why didn't I think of that. That's what I'll do, thanks