All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

moddestmike
join:2009-01-26
Houston, TX

moddestmike

Fluffed percentages.

But me living in a loft (an MDU by ATT standards) means I'm left out. As are any customers living in MDU's as I was told. So I feel their percentages of users able to take advantage of these new tiers are a bit fluffed. Yet they wont stop offering U-Verse tv deals and rebates...JUST LET ME GET SOMETHING FASTER THAN 18Mbs. Houston is the 4th largest city, one of the fastest growing with energy firms form around the world relocating here yet I we have no option for fiber. Only Comcast, ATT and Suddenlink in a few suburb locations. Its a sad state for consumers here. Especially those who's work depends on speedy, reliable broadband.
iansltx
join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX

iansltx

In Austin, we're worse off in a lot of areas. Grande is great if you can get it, but if you're in a TWC area the fastest you can go is slower than Blast (50/5). And more expensive.

Heck, even with Grande, Comcast hits 105/20 (vs. 110/5) for not much more money.
Matt7
join:2001-01-02
Columbus, OH

Matt7 to moddestmike

to moddestmike
Same here.. I am in an MDU and DESPITE multiple pairs at my phone jack AT&T refuses to sell me 45/6... hell I would pay non promotional pricing at this point to have it -- They'll gladly keep pressing me to keep their Video services though... I don't need TV ... I need faster upstream and 45/6 would do that..

These companies just do not care about consumers as long as the shareholders/CEOs are getting rich.