dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
surtr
join:2013-09-20

surtr

Re: FTTH router question

So I gave up trying to get this to work with DD-WRT. Bought a Zyxel USG50 firewall and will try to get it working with that. More to come (hopefully).

TAZ
@qwest.net

TAZ

Anon

Nice. Proper enterprise-grade equipment FTW.

Found this with a quick search: » ··· orum.pdf - that looks like it's what you need.
plat2on1
join:2002-08-21
Hopewell Junction, NY

plat2on1 to surtr

to surtr
like I said up there it will never work with dd-wrt. they just don't support vids higher than 15 on switch in the current code. you need to use tomato to do that.

TAZ
@qwest.net

TAZ

Anon

Is that really a DD-WRT thing or is it a hardware issue? My first instinct would be that the switch is only able to set 4 bits of the VID. If that's the case, it would be a hardware issue and I can't see how Tomato (or any other firmware) could bypass that.

In any case, it doesn't matter since OP is using a USG now.
plat2on1
join:2002-08-21
Hopewell Junction, NY

plat2on1

not a hardware limitation just how its implemented in dd-wrt. the older broadcom switches support 16 vlans and all 4096 vids and the newer ones support 4096 vlans and vids.
surtr
join:2013-09-20

surtr to TAZ

to TAZ
said by TAZ :

Nice. Proper enterprise-grade equipment FTW.

Found this with a quick search: » ··· orum.pdf - that looks like it's what you need.

Hey guys - this worked perfectly. I followed these settings almost exactly. Main difference was to use vlan 201 instead of 6. I'll post my settings up here shortly. Thanks for all the help!

-Justin