share rss forum feed
« It's
prev page · 1 · 2 · 3

kevnich24

join:2006-04-19
Mulberry, FL
reply to 88615298

Re: Totally predictable.

No offense but if you read the TOS, it wasn't actually unlimited. It stated clearly on the website for these plans any usage over 50gb repeatedly would cause a flag on your account for over-usage.

And with the new LTE, the system is more than capable of handling this type of usage and is actually what it was intended for. The cell companies are just milking their customers for all they can.

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK

1 recommendation

reply to swintec

Effectively, yes. Adding a new site takes the spectrum and divides it amongst less users.

TBBroadband

join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH
reply to djweis

Yes, I know that as well. I've seen the agreements and have spoken to them about it. I decided to go another route and use their network without signing directly with them.

TBBroadband

Fremont, OH
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·MegaPath
reply to swintec

Sprint "sources". LMAO! The same as the sources on here that are unnamed that are generally not on track at all.

And they lost their unlimited plan. Nobody as it anymore- and its been said before that Millenicom wasn't directly with Sprint to start off with.

And still a 3rd party website is just that. oh well though. Still nothing but another blog/message board for proof.

TBBroadband

Fremont, OH
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·MegaPath
reply to 34764170

A helleva lot of people not buying smart phones? You do realize those people do not have any other options, in the US. Maybe in Canada they do but not here. Here the Corps rule what goes on and what you're buying.

But this is purely the point of the data hogs and the 5gig limit. You shouldn't be on the service to start off with. It works, it serves its purpose and people use it. If you abuse it then yes, you should find something else. How much are you downloading from P2P/Bit in those few hours to hit the 5gigs?

TBBroadband

Fremont, OH
reply to fred_6575674

the same people on DSLR that thinks its okay to use several TBs on their FiOS connection and don't think its a problem because they're offering TV and Bit servers to the public and their family.

TBBroadband

Fremont, OH
reply to 34764170

didn't say it was wired now did I? and it works and it can replace if its your only option. You don't need HSI to just use the internet.

TBBroadband

Fremont, OH
reply to Kasoah

and money- but Sprint's network will always be shit and always will be behind.

join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON
reply to TBBroadband

You replied to my comment and the whole point of my comment was replacing wired. sheesh.

Etobicoke, ON

1 recommendation

reply to TBBroadband

said by TBBroadband:

A helleva lot of people not buying smart phones? You do realize those people do not have any other options, in the US.

Yes. No shit.

said by TBBroadband:

Here the Corps rule what goes on and what you're buying.

Wow. For real?

said by TBBroadband:

But this is purely the point of the data hogs and the 5gig limit. You shouldn't be on the service to start off with. It works, it serves its purpose and people use it. If you abuse it then yes, you should find something else. How much are you downloading from P2P/Bit in those few hours to hit the 5gigs?

Is that what things have come to? Simply using a product is now called abuse. Is that how retarded things are now?

elray

join:2000-12-16
Santa Monica, CA
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·EarthLink

Wrong. Abuse is the conjunction of "abnormal" and "use" - which exceeding 5 gigabytes of wireless data is - far above the norm.

The sooner we clarify these terms, and the value of bits in context, the sooner we'll see more investment in the marketplace, and the price of those bits will come down.

Etobicoke, ON

1 edit

LOL. You're too funny as usual.

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness
reply to fred_6575674

said by fred_6575674 :

and who thinks its reasonable to stream hundreds of hours of HD video over their mobile connection every month? anyone?

Except this Millenicom service and things like Verizon Homefusion service are not sold as "mobile" connections. They are sold as regular broadband. Especially Homefusion since the antenna is MOUNTED outside one's house and can not be moved. Not shocking someone paying $120 a month for something sold as a home internet connection would expect to do things like Netflix.

As for "hundreds of hours". Just watching every episode of Breaking Bad in a month( 62 episodes ) would be less than 50 hours but could use 120 GB in a month. I wouldn't call 2 hours a day or less "unreasonable"

decifal

join:2007-03-10
Bon Aqua, TN
kudos:1
reply to 88615298

said by 88615298:

Sorry but unlimited data is not sustainable. You can't have all these people streaming hundreds of GB per month. The spectrum and bandwidth do not exist for that over wireless. Wireless data is not magic. It's not a genie that grants you 3 wishes and says the 3rd wish can be for 3 more wishes.

Right right, never mind that for $100 a month you can get unlimited through verizon on their home Fusion service.. Its some how magically doable when you throw a little more money at them, and not really much more than what their already expensive plans cost...

Its all about the money. Nickle and dime and F the rest.. This mindset has killed alot of internet innovation and anything cloud service based.. I want all landline holding companies to move out of the wireless business, or sell their stake in it.. Separate the two to eliminate the death grip on internet services..

jasonkradiog

@cableone.net
reply to 88615298

I don't usually reply but the BF69 reply is oddly similar in all such threads and seems ridiculous.

Things always start limited. Home phone, long distance (I remember being amazed when Sprint offered the dime a minute plan during evening hours), dial up Internet usage (I remember getting one hour a month from QLink), text messages (they used to be numbered and counted), cell phone air time (most plans used to involve numbered limits). They ALWAYS shift to unlimited. Competition and consumers demand it.