how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

todds

join:2007-02-21
Phoenix, AZ

[AZ] November 2013 Price Increase on Cox HSI

(In Phoenix) Just got my October bill and noticed a little note off to the left:

We continue our commitment to deliver great Internet service with the speed you need and free features such as cloud storage and Cox Security Suite Plus. Due to the rising costs of doing business, our rate for Premier Internet service will increase to $73.99 effective with your next bill statement. We appreciate you choosing Cox services and will always do our best to deliver the service and value you expect.
I imagine this means the other internet tiers will also get a price increase...

It would be nice to have some competitive alternatives to Cox, but in the meantime I think I will be downgrading to a lower tier.

Anon257

@eliant.com

3 recommendations

I love how they say "Free Features".. I would much rather have them remove cloud storage and cox security suite plus and keep the rates the same.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4

3 recommendations

reply to todds

right on queue with the speed increase.
"we're speeding up your hsi" is code for "rate hike in 6 weeks"
--
Despises any post with strings.

Termites

@cox.net
reply to todds

Stop saying to us Customers

THANKS FOR CHOOSING COX COMMUNICATIONS

we have no choice in the matter Cox is a Monoploy.

Needleinthha

join:2009-11-30
reply to todds

I've been with cox for ~10 years...Maybe my memory is bad but it seems like in the past it used to go up (internet rates) $3 or $4/year, but it seems like in the last few years they've been raising rates more frequently and by more...
does anyone have a list of price hikes/dates over the last few years? Am i wrong or has it been getting more ridiculous?
Granted, they did double or triple our speeds recently and you can now be on a lower tier and still get the same speeds you got before, give or take, but it is leaving a bad taste in my mouth...If there were another competitor besides centruylink i would definitely be thinking about switching

Needleinthha

reply to todds

just did some researching, if anyone wondered, here is premier pricing in az last few years that i could find
2009= $59
2010 = $64
2013 = $74

BryanInPHX
Premium
join:2001-03-06
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:2

1 recommendation

reply to Termites

2008 = $59.95
2009 = $59.95
2010 = $64.99
2011 = $64.99
2012 = $64.99
Feb 2013 = $67.99 (current price) »ww2.cox.com/residential/arizona/···cing.cox
Nov 2013 = $73.99

a 13.85% price increase in 2013 between the two increases

Anyone not currently in a Price Lock Agreement should really call retention and negotiate a 12mo promo and a 2yr PLG Agreement.
--
Cox Premier HSI, SB6120, DIR-825,
TiVo Roamio Pro, XL4, Premiere 2TB-WD20EURS & TiVo Mini
Win7 WMC SiliconDust HD HomeRun PRIME

Rakeesh

join:2011-10-30
Mesa, AZ
Reviews:
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·Cox HSI

said by BryanInPHX:

2008 = $59.95
2009 = $59.95
2010 = $64.99
2011 = $64.99
2012 = $64.99
Feb 2013 = $67.99 (current price) »ww2.cox.com/residential/arizona/···cing.cox
Nov 2013 = $73.99

a 13.85% price increase in 2013 between the two increases

Anyone not currently in a Price Lock Agreement should really call retention and negotiate a 12mo promo and a 2yr PLG Agreement.

They do PLG for promo rates?

Right now I'm on a promo rate to pay $32 a month for premier for 12 months, I'd be willing to make that last for 2 years.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
Phoenix, AZ
reply to Needleinthha

hsi never used to go up then came along internet video.
legacy video used to subsidize hsi but with all the cord cutting going on profits are down hence rate hikes on hsi.
--

nmlobo

join:2002-11-02
Yorktown, VA
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

The surprising truth about cord cutting.
"Stewart says that while the number of cord cutters will continue to rise, it won't be significant enough to matter to the television providers."

»homes.yahoo.com/news/people-aren···635.html

johnburns

join:2004-10-14
Oklahoma City, OK
reply to todds

I lock in the price for 1 year each renewal date....that way I get the benefit of several months at a lower price each time the price increases. Right now my lock-in still runs for 10 months.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
Phoenix, AZ
reply to nmlobo

of course. they hike the retrans rates to make up for the loss of those eyeballs.
--

Alien1

@cox.net
reply to dvd536

What speed increases are you referring to? The last time I remember them increasing speeds was back in January.

DerbyGawker

@cox.net
reply to todds

Can I get a reduced rate and have my access to these "free disservices" removed.

Here's what I want in an internet company, in order...

1. internet
2. *maybe* email
3. quit spying on me

pretty simple list

Rakeesh

join:2011-10-30
Mesa, AZ
Reviews:
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·Cox HSI

All I want is unrestricted and unmodified IP, DHCP, and maybe DNS. I neither use nor care about anything else Cox offers.

They can even spy on me if they'd like, for all the good it would do them as it wouldn't really gain anybody any useful information.

htmlspinnr

join:2011-11-19
Surprise, AZ

Funny - I went through my last 2 bill statements, and *neither* of them announced this rate hike. Failure to notify?

Needleinthha

Just checked my last 2 bills also and didnt mentioned price increase either...I'm in phx, too.
OP did your bill say exactly when the price increase would take effect?

BryanInPHX
Premium
Phoenix, AZ

1 edit

said by Needleinthha:

Just checked my last 2 bills also and didnt mentioned price increase either...I'm in phx, too.

The New prices are already reflected on the Cox HSI Price list, so your next billing period. Looks like Preferred got hit with an increase also.
»ww2.cox.com/residential/arizona/···t_040113
--

ajwees41
Premium
join:2002-05-10
Omaha, NE
reply to Anon257

you really think that why the prices are increasing? what about about the codt of bandwidth?

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
Phoenix, AZ

bandwidth is dirt cheap.
its all about staving off cord cutters.
--

Expand your moderator at work

Termites

@cox.net
reply to todds

Re: [AZ] November 2013 Price Increase on Cox HSI

Cancel your TV and install a HDTV Ant, in your actic.

jchambers28

join:2007-05-12
Alma, AR
reply to dvd536

I am stuck being a cord cutter I cant afford TV service the prices are just insane. $64 for basic TV service is a stupid price.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
Phoenix, AZ

there are other option for TV. many networks will let you watch shows on their websites
--

MarkRH
Premium
join:2005-02-08
Oklahoma City, OK
reply to todds

Well, I just looked at the internet packages for Oklahoma City and the prices went up. Premiere (50up/10down) is now 71.99 per month. Was 65.99. My actual Cox bill has not warned of any such increase yet but I suspect it's coming.

Preferred (25down/5up) is now $60.99. So I could either save $5 going down a tier or spend $6 more to keep my newly increased speeds if and when the price increase comes. I am talking about full price, not special/first timer cost. Grumble..

Needleinthha

FYI, I figured out why I didn't see the price increase on my bill. Apparently the price increase is only if you dont have TV. If you have TV service premier stays at 67.99. If you don't have tv it goes up to 73. At least thats what the rep told me.

MarkRH
Premium
join:2005-02-08
Oklahoma City, OK

said by Needleinthha:

FYI, I figured out why I didn't see the price increase on my bill. Apparently the price increase is only if you dont have TV. If you have TV service premier stays at 67.99. If you don't have tv it goes up to 73. At least thats what the rep told me.

Well, I have TV and Phone so time will tell. Price will go up at some point. It always does, eventually.

salvo2002

join:2012-08-30
Bellevue, NE
reply to todds

I'm in Omaha and my rate just increased $6. From the previous bill:

quote:
With increasing expenses and rising costs of doing
business, we are making the following changes to our internet
service rates effective with your next bill statement: Preferred will
change to $62.99. We continue our commitment to deliver a great
internet service with more speed and features that add value.
The bill they made the increase has the same statement except instead of "your next bill statement" it says "this bill statement".

I called and asked and they read verbatim what was on the bill. I told them the they are lucky they have a monopoly in my area and to tread lightly because once Google fiber spreads they'll be outta business.

jchambers28

join:2007-05-12
Alma, AR

i have used google fiber. My only complaint is it's not here.

BryanInPHX
Premium
Phoenix, AZ
reply to BryanInPHX

said by BryanInPHX:

said by Needleinthha:

The New prices are already reflected on the Cox HSI Price list, so your next billing period. Looks like Preferred got hit with an increase also.
»ww2.cox.com/residential/arizona/···t_040113

No notice of a price increase was on my November billing statement. Seems odd!!!

I have a PLGA, so my rate would not change, but there still should have been a notice in the News section of the bill.
--