tigerpaw509

[Comcast Equip] 3D Service

Anyone have a 3D dvr
joejoejeo
join:2006-04-02
Bloomington, IN

joejoejeo

Re: 3D Service

If you have the x1 DVR or any of the dcx boxes and DVRs then you can get 3d content on your TV from Comcast you will just need to get the 3d technology free added to your account first before you can view 3d content
rog2867
join:2012-02-08

rog2867

3d is dead. even espn one of the only channels to carry it is stopping it.

andyross
MVM
join:2003-05-04
Aurora, IL

andyross to tigerpaw509

MVM

to tigerpaw509

Re: [DVR] 3D Service

The only 3D channel left, at least by me, is Comcast's own, and it's mainly just a loop of the same thing over and over.

gar187er
I DID this for a living
join:2006-06-24
Seattle, WA

gar187er

still 3d available through on demand, some decent movies too.
timmo
join:2005-07-13
Chicago, IL

timmo to tigerpaw509

to tigerpaw509
I recently watched Life of Pi in 3D on HBO On Demand. Looked great! HBO and Starz shows 3D movies for free via On Demand if you subscribe to their channels.

MFoxTeenWolf
@comcast.net

MFoxTeenWolf

Anon

I got a 3D TV only because it was actually the lowest price TV within the other specs I wanted to 3D was just a bonus that I'd figure I would never use since Netflix doesn't have 3D blurays unless you get one like Judge Dredd which has 3D on all the copies

But since I'm getting free Hbo, Cinemax, Showtime, and Starz at the moment the 3D movies they offer are a pretty cool bonus

I find wearing the glasses for 2 hours quite annoying but I do admit the 3D is pretty cool on some of the movies

MPB
@comcast.net

MPB

Anon

Just FYI, if your only 3D experience in the home is from the On Demand offerings, or the 3D channel, bear in mind that it's not as good as what you'll get with Blu-Ray 3D.

Reason being, the channels will show 3D in a side-by-side or top-bottom format and not as good resolution for the final picture. 3D blu-ray on the other hand is different and does give you sharper quality video.

Now, it's still cool to have 3D titles On Demand and I've enjoyed it... I'd just hate for anyone to experience 3D like that for the first time at home and think that's as good as it gets.