how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

overpriced

@cox.net

"Your Data Usage Meter is undergoing maintenance"

So for the entire past month the online data meter says

"Your Data Usage Meter is undergoing maintenance. Please try again in 24 hours."

Has anyone else had that problem?

m8trix

join:2003-12-24
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
seems fine here in phx for me. try deleting your cookies and temporary files

Splain
Splain

join:2001-08-02
Las Vegas, NV
I have done all that as per Tech support, they said it has been sent to higher up as mine has been almost 2 months. I have told them because of there meter not working to remove my data cap.

FourWheelKid

join:2006-03-03
Broussard, LA
reply to overpriced
yeah, mine's broke too, shows the same error, I've msg'd LAHSIHelp about it and he's yet to get back to me about a fix.

MarkRH
Premium
join:2005-02-08
Oklahoma City, OK
reply to overpriced
Mine's working fine here in Oklahoma City. Well, no errors anyway.

KahunaNui

join:2000-05-01
Fayetteville, AR
reply to overpriced

Not Showing Data Used At All

»Have They Given us Rollover?!
Believe me, we've been streaming stuff...

LAHSIhelp

join:2010-07-12
Baton Rouge, LA
reply to FourWheelKid

Re: "Your Data Usage Meter is undergoing maintenance"

I have escalated the issue internally within Cox and I am awaiting a response to what the issue is.

overpriced

@cox.net
reply to overpriced
New billing month, same problem.

It is not intermittent for me, it basically never has come back.

Maybe a docsis 2.0 problem? Same modem from when it did work months ago.

They suspended service the last time I went over, though that was on a lower plan, no idea what my usage is now.

Splain
Splain

Las Vegas, NV
I have contacted Cox more times than I can count about the Data Meter and they tried to say the same thing it appears that they do not know what the problem is, so if they tell me I have gone over my cap had better fix it or remove the cap.

Splain
Splain

Las Vegas, NV
reply to overpriced
Why has not the Cox moderator spoken up on this matter and said they would look into the meter problem?

Kulmbach

join:2005-02-21
Newport News, VA
reply to overpriced
I've also had mine doing that, it would be out then come back the next day and out and back and out and back to many times to count and not just this past month either

Kulmbach

Newport News, VA
reply to overpriced
WOW, I look last night at about 11pm and i was .66GB over my limit. I looked just now and its 21.23GB over the limit. I'm guessing they dont as it goes along. Time for a phone call to tech support to get this figured out.

AzDragonLord

join:2003-10-21
Florence, AZ

2 edits
reply to overpriced
Mine gives the same message (out of PHX). I'm uploading a large number of files for a backup, so I've been monitoring my usage each morning. When I log in, the amount is reduced and the needle has moved....just delayed. I stopped my upload with 10% remaining, but because of the delay I went over my allotment slightly and received their "overage" email this morning...first ever.
--
Praise the Gods, Do Good, Act Bravely.

lilstone87

join:2009-04-09
Portsmouth, VA
kudos:3
I wouldn't stress over the overage email, as its something automatic by the system. If cox start's calling you, that's when you voice how you feel in a nice manner. But imo cox would be stupid to cut off any long time customer over breaking bandwidth limit, and not abusing it.

I have personally been with cox getting close to 16 years now, I currently have there ultimate tier service. I know with the new console's launching soon. My house hold will probably go over the limit at times, but if cox starts harassing me about my usage by calling me. I will be nice but tell them I don't feel in any way i am being abusive about my usage, have been with you a long time as a customer, and if you feel like you need to try and cut me off shame on you as a company.

Rob_
Premium
join:2008-07-16
Mary Esther, FL
kudos:1
If you call them, and I'll do the same thing, just tell them their data meter is crap, never works right, and has been proven to be wrong. Again, this is why I'm against data caps, because, it's not consumer friendly. I don't mind paying for the speeds, just don't tell me what I can or can't do every month! If history repeats itself, caps will go by the wayside, anyone remember AOL and their 1,000 minutes than unlimited?

-Rob

Kulmbach

Newport News, VA
reply to overpriced
Well we are 4 days into the month of November and its now 4 straight days that the data usage meter is under going maintenance. They wondered why i called about a 21GB+ jump in data usage in one hour. Come on COX the roll out of faster speeds did not cause this problem.

Hard Harry

join:2010-10-19
Narragansett, RI
kudos:2
reply to overpriced
RI here and as of now my meter is working and accurate within about 15%. It seems to be sometimes less, sometimes more, so Im hoping it evens out. Either way I don't see anything blatantly broken, at least with my tool.

jchambers28

join:2007-05-12
Alma, AR
reply to overpriced
how can they enforce a cap if there is no meter?

isoz

join:2006-02-25
Rogers, AR
reply to overpriced
Mine has been saying the same thing for over 9 days now . I messaged the help desk and their answer was " We see no problem on our end , it must be on your end . Install Firefox and if that doesn't help , reinstall your operating system . And no , you have only used 30GB of your cap ."
I upgraded to Windows 8.1 ( I know , I know ) . It borked everything of course . I had to redownload everything . I even lost most of my games about 200Gb worth out of 500 Gb.
So yes , I am quite concerned that I might go over cap , but if all I get is the undergoing maintenance crap , how am I to know ?

OldGeek

join:2013-04-12
Encinitas, CA
There are a few threads on this issue on the Cox site. Here is the latest reply from their people:

"The issues with the Data usage meter effecting some accounts is known and pending a software update on the site in the next week, we will keep you updated when it is rolled out.

Ed H. - Cox Support Forums Moderator"

Here is the thread URL:
»forums.cox.com/forum_home/intern···816.aspx

We are getting close to the week mentioned and I'm still seeing no resolution. Time will tell I suppose. Personally, when someone suggests reinstalling the operating system, their credibility goes right out my window. I'm also amazed at the apparent complete lack of communications between 'tech' people at Cox.

Hard Harry

join:2010-10-19
Narragansett, RI
kudos:2
Perhaps they realized how severely broken the whole system is and is doing a upgrade? Let us hope.

caa100

join:2004-04-02
Annandale, VA
Northern VA. No usage meter for three days.

I think it is because Cox is facing lawsuits over the inaccuracies.

See this story from Nebraska:
»www.ketv.com/news/local-news/cox···dex.html

Splain
Splain

Las Vegas, NV
reply to overpriced
I just received another email from support saying to check with my local office, I think Cox does not know what is going on or they hired the same people who built the Gov's health care site!

OldGeek

Encinitas, CA
said by Splain:

I just received another email from support saying to check with my local office.....

Right....because all the complaints emanate from the same local office. LOL

caa100

join:2004-04-02
Annandale, VA
reply to overpriced
I emailed Cox support about the usage meter, which has not been working for me for several days.

Just got a reply:

Thank you for your recent e-mail to Cox regarding Technical Support for
High Speed Internet.

I understand you are not happy with the service you are receiving. I
sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may caused you.

Your original e-mail has been forwarded to the Cox feedback team for
further review. We are working in order to improve the Data Usage Meter.

Thank you again for contacting us via e-mail. Please let us know if we
can be of further assistance.

They did not answer my question, which was when the meter will be back.

FourWheelKid

join:2006-03-03
Broussard, LA
reply to overpriced
s'back now.

AzDragonLord

join:2003-10-21
Florence, AZ
Mine never went away.

OldGeek

Encinitas, CA