Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX

Nezmo to Riamen

MVM

to Riamen
There's that reduce animations setting many called for ...

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR

darcilicious

Premium Member

And the web search via spotlight that was missing that somebody mentioned previously.

donoreo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

donoreo to Riamen

Premium Member

to Riamen
My 4s does not show it available.
Daemon
Premium Member
join:2003-06-29
Washington, DC

Daemon to Riamen

Premium Member

to Riamen
I think with all the other software pushed today, the CDN that Apple is using (Akamai, I believe) is having trouble keeping all of the servers in sync.

I haven't seen the update available yet either.
Riamen
Premium Member
join:2002-11-04
Calgary

Riamen

Premium Member

Yeah it's not showing up on my 5 either.

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX

Nezmo to Riamen

MVM

to Riamen
I can't remember a time when it showed up for everyone at once. Every release there are folks in here saying they don't see it yet. Patience.

signmeuptoo94
Bless you Howie
Premium Member
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle

signmeuptoo94 to Riamen

Premium Member

to Riamen
Downloading (hopefully). I freaking completely forgot about Spotlight.

Thinkdiff
MVM,
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY

Thinkdiff to Daemon

MVM,

to Daemon
said by Daemon:

I think with all the other software pushed today, the CDN that Apple is using (Akamai, I believe) is having trouble keeping all of the servers in sync.

I had to switch off WiFi and check again for it to show up on my 4S. Then turn WiFi back on to start the download.

donoreo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

donoreo to Nezmo

Premium Member

to Nezmo
said by Nezmo:

I still cannot believe it "made people dizzy". How can these people walk or drive or move at all if that little split second animation made them dizzy?

signmeuptoo94
Bless you Howie
Premium Member
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle

signmeuptoo94

Premium Member

Amen. My sis complains about it, I agree with her on most things, but the motion stuff doesn't bother me. She also doesn't like the flatland look, but I DO like it, a lot. We both use 4S's.

But even so, we both are thinking our next phones are going to be androids (I inherited my dad's phone on her account and upgraded for free over the summer). I would like a bigger screen, not a huge screen though, because pocket fit (I do manual labor) and the risk of breaking something because heavy things hit or rest against my upper legs sometimes at work, is a big consideration. Some droids seem too thin to be rugged enough, but I don't know, after all, the glass on my 4S hasn't broken (using an OtterBox for it).

miataman
I've attained a PHD in DVR.
Premium Member
join:2010-10-27
Chelmsford, MA

miataman to signmeuptoo94

Premium Member

to signmeuptoo94
said by signmeuptoo94:

Downloading (hopefully). I freaking completely forgot about Spotlight.

I actually posted to find out about web from spotlight the other day!

justin
..needs sleep
Mod
join:1999-05-28
Billion BiPAC 7800N
Apple AirPort Extreme (2011)

justin to Nezmo

Mod

to Nezmo
said by Nezmo:

I am glad they did that it wasn't making me dizzy but it gets old
sadly it still does a fade. That's 200ms I think could be chopped out with a further setting.

IMO the biggest thing they have yet to fix that must be easy is to let photos go full screen. What on earth are they thinking, a single photographer high in apple could veto the idea of a white background with chrome around the picture!

pcdebb
birdbrain
Premium Member
join:2000-12-03
Brandon, FL

pcdebb to Riamen

Premium Member

to Riamen
Updating my iPhone 5. Ready to download on my iPad mini.

Styvas
Who are we? Forge FC!
Premium Member
join:2004-09-15
Hamilton, ON

Styvas to Riamen

Premium Member

to Riamen
It won't verify. Keeps telling me I'm not connected to the internet, which I most definitely am.

haroldo
join:2004-01-16
USA

haroldo to Riamen

to Riamen
Just noticed that after upgrading, my photo library (both Photos and iPhoto) show 1/10th of the images that I formerly had. I'm assuming they'll come over on the next iTunes sync, but was wondering if anyone else noticed this.
Thanks!

GuruGuy
Premium Member
join:2002-12-16
Atlanta, GA

GuruGuy to Riamen

Premium Member

to Riamen
The only issue I had was that after installing the updated version, I opened and closed iTunes several times and it was fine. All music there, etc. Closed it and plugged in the iPhone and the windows "configuring software" message popped up. Then iTunes opened and was displaying as if it were a brand new install with no music, etc. I closed it and removed the phone. Then rebooted the computer and plugged in the phone. This time iTunes opened and the phone started (and finished) syncing.

swintec
Premium Member
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME

swintec to Riamen

Premium Member

to Riamen
just checked and the 50 megabyte update came down in about 45 seconds for my iTouch. Installing now.
Daemon
Premium Member
join:2003-06-29
Washington, DC

Daemon to Thinkdiff

Premium Member

to Thinkdiff
said by Thinkdiff:

said by Daemon:

I had to switch off WiFi and check again for it to show up on my 4S. Then turn WiFi back on to start the download.

After many hours, I eventually turned off WiFi and then VPN'ed to a remote location, after which it showed up. I'm thinking I may have been behind some sort of caching server here that wasn't updating.

banditws6
Shrinking Time and Distance
Premium Member
join:2001-08-18
Frisco, TX

banditws6 to justin

Premium Member

to justin
said by justin:

IMO the biggest thing they have yet to fix that must be easy is to let photos go full screen. What on earth are they thinking, a single photographer high in apple could veto the idea of a white background with chrome around the picture!

I thought I was the only person who hated this. Ugh, can't stand the white backfill around the picture.

Domane
Premium Member
join:2013-04-18

Domane to Riamen

Premium Member

to Riamen
One nice "fix" for a bug in my phone by this update is Siri. She no longer responds and talks as if she is near death. All that was missing before this update after her response was a "death rattle."