Jets at Cincinnati 4:05 PM
Washington at Denver 4:25 PM
Atlanta at Arizona 4:25 PM
Green Bay at Minnesota 8:30 PM

MON, OCT 28
Seattle at St. Louis 8:30 PM

Bye:Chicago, Tennessee, Indianapolis, San Diego, Baltimore, Houston

Odds for this week's games.

Remember, there are Thursday games every week this year except for week 17, so if it looks like a game you want to pick, get it in early.

Also, remember - if you already picked a team, you cannot pick that team for the remainder of the poll.
--
Shine on you crazy diamond...

drslash
Goya Asma
Premium
join:2002-02-18
Marion, IA
New Orleans

ILpt4U
Premium
join:2006-11-12
Lisle, IL
kudos:9
reply to rockotman
Gimme the Saints

The TNF pick streak has ended

aurgathor

join:2002-12-01
Lynnwood, WA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
reply to rockotman
8 people, I guess the Elite 8 are still alive heading into week 8 -- in the last couple of years winners were crowned after the 8th ( see: »[NFL] DSLR Sports Chat NFL Suicide Poll 2012 - Week 08 and »[NFL] DSLR Sports Chat NFL Suicide Poll 2011 - Week 08 ) but that is highly unlikely this year.

I guess we didn't have really big surprises and major, early blood baths such as the Cards or Seahawks beating the Pats and Giants, respectively.
--
.sig

drslash
Goya Asma
Premium
join:2002-02-18
Marion, IA
The league seems a little more lopsided this year. More very good teams and more very poor teams...not as much parity.

rody_44
Premium
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

2 edits
reply to rockotman
i will take GB, We have to mix it up some or it will last forever. As long as minesota plays freeman i feel pretty secure.

lorenzo
Premium
join:2011-05-01
reply to rockotman
Cincinnati

ILpt4U
Premium
Lisle, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse

1 edit
reply to rody_44
said by rody_44:

We have to mix it up some or it will last forever.

I think the Suicide Watch will pick up Week 9 on -- once most of us have burned the "Power" Tier of picks, and we are forced to pick from the middle and lower teams in the league, then we'll drop from 8 to a winner.

I don't even think any of us will make it to week 17, but it would be ok if we all did too =)

rody_44
Premium
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast

4 edits
Yea week 9 will shake up some but theres still a lopsided game in that week that almost everyone has left. Still two of us that has kansas city left tho which is gonna be my pick for week 9. I was looking ahead tho and im thinking next week involves people picking teams like dallas. Im going to stay with greenbay but it sucks that vikings changed to ponder at QB. My pick should still be secure but with peterson one never knows. Now that the vikings went to ponder i think dallas doesnt look as good for next week and maybe even washington in week 10. If im still left i will probably use KC next week so i feel pretty secure at getting to week 11. Vikings changing quarterback hopefully took two lopsided games off the board. Plus no jacksonville in week 9 might help. Oh yea and dont think i didnt notice you are saving greenbay for the win in week twelve. Unless of course you waste it on week 11. Week 11 and 12 your greenbay picks rule. Kind of sux because i saved kansas city and KC has denver for week 11. I was saving greenbay and KC but to many people took the saints this week so im giving GB up this week and sticking with KC for the win

rolfp

join:2011-03-27
Oakland, CA
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 edit
That's a well-thought-out betting strategy.

My picks are based on what the cheerleaders are wearing.

JILLS

SAINTSATIONS

Saints, FTW!

aurgathor

Lynnwood, WA
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
That picture convinced me!

New Orleans Saints, too!

(I wanted to pick Carolina, but my sense of days was completely messed up )
--
.sig

tapeloop
Not bad at all, really.
Premium
join:2004-06-27
Airstrip One
reply to rockotman
My pick:

Les Saints de la Nouvelle-Orléans

skrud

join:2002-05-19
Barrington, IL
reply to rockotman
Saints

ILpt4U
Premium
Lisle, IL

1 edit
reply to rockotman
Looks like we have another Party Bus going - this time for another NFC South team - this one better do better than the bus to Atlanta!

I almost changed my pick to the Packers, but the Saints have kicked off, so the Saints it stays

rockotman
...Blown On The Steel Breeze
Emerging Research
join:2000-08-06
DSotM
kudos:2
reply to rockotman
♫♬ Goin' down to the Mardi Gras, gonna find me a Mardi Gras queen... ♬♪

--
Shine on you crazy diamond...

aurgathor

Lynnwood, WA
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
reply to ILpt4U
With the Saints leading by 18 points, I don't think we need to worry much about the party bus being crashed....

Personally, I loath sweaty picks when I have to wait for the very last second to be sure. Brees should breeze through this game -- hopefully the only question is how many TDs he'll throw.
--
.sig

ILpt4U
Premium
Lisle, IL
reply to rody_44
Actually I was considering a sinful bet as a Bears fan and using the Packers next week on MNF, but i have to think long and hard about it...

ILpt4U
Premium
Lisle, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse

1 edit
reply to aurgathor
The Party Bus did better on its second trip - Saints got it done.

The 'Nati is looking good early. And I would be pretty shocked if the Vikes got the Packers tonight - I think we are heading to Week 9 with no one going down

And after the games have been played, all picks correct this week. On to Week 9

rockotman
...Blown On The Steel Breeze
Emerging Research
join:2000-08-06
DSotM
kudos:2
reply to rockotman
Results...