An Important Message From
Premium Member
join:2005-11-25
Montreal, QC

stephen d8

Premium Member

Radio-Canada streaming slow

Hey,

I've bene trying to watch some shows streaming from radio-canada and other sites, but it seems to be slow and it lags a lot. Can someone please test this out for me on different ISPs? I'm pretty sure that it's risq.net (Radio-Canada's provider) that is slow or throttling. When tested with the RISQ speed test ( »www.risq.qc.ca/vitesse/stclient/ ) I seem to start my first speed test at about 21 mbps then drop to 10 or less, even after doing 3 speed test in a row I go down to 6 mbps.

So can someone tell me there ISP and try this out for me? Also, if you want to try out a video and tell me if it lags or not you can use this as a reference : »www.radio-canada.ca/emis ··· c=316090

Thanks

Stephen D
BobSagget
join:2005-06-23
Barrie, ON

BobSagget

It's not just you. Crazy slow for me.
Distributel 28Mbit

stephen d8
Premium Member
Montreal, QC

stephen d8

Premium Member

Great thanks!
jobr
join:2004-10-21
Halifax, NS

jobr to stephen d8

to stephen d8
I just tried the RISQ speedtest from a RISQ-connected network and got 94 Mbit/sec. But if you're connecting to Radio-Canada from a commercial provider, the connection is unlikely to go through RISQ. It's more likely that your local Akamai cluster is having problems, or that your provider's connection to Akamai is overloaded.

stephen d8
Premium Member
Montreal, QC

stephen d8

Premium Member

Well you do go through risq I would think if you tracert to it, up to know I'm at 3 providers that cannot get good service from them
stephen d8

stephen d8

Premium Member

Just read up on akaimai, it could be possible that the server is overloaded, just find it odd that all other streaming sites work well appart from that one.