The name's Bond. James Bond.
MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX

1 edit

Nezmo

MVM

iTunes 11.1.2 Problem?

Just installed the latest released today.

When syncing my iPhone it's showing a circling arrow as before against the device in iTunes but iTunes no longer shows what stage it's at (usually showing syncing music, movies, app etc in the window that shows what track you are playing).

Just me? I'm having a few teething problems on my mini with Mavericks and various app updates.
Nezmo

1 edit

Nezmo

MVM

NM, it's me. A reboot/restart resolved that.

Still having some problems though. Returning to the Albums view from any other view there's about a 20-30 second pause with beach ball when I then try to scroll. Pretty consistent.

not quite right
I'm not cool enough to be a Mac person
join:2001-06-23
Puyallup, WA

not quite right to Nezmo

to Nezmo

Re: iTunes 11.1.3 Problem?

How did you get 11.1.3 when I'm just updating to 11.1.2 through system update?

Nezmo
MVM
Coppell, TX

Nezmo

MVM

said by not quite right:

How did you get 11.1.3 when I'm just updating to 11.1.2 through system update?

My mistake. 11.1.2 (31). I corrected the thread title.

not quite right
I'm not cool enough to be a Mac person
join:2001-06-23
Puyallup, WA

not quite right to Nezmo

to Nezmo

Re: iTunes 11.1.2 Problem?

I just synced, and it showed every stage of the sync in the title window as usual ...
No delay when switching views either.

DO
@mtsallstream.net

DO to Nezmo

Anon

to Nezmo
This is definitely a problem with iTunes 11.1.2. It is also happening to me and I found a couple of other reports on the net as well. It seems to happen with large libraries (I have 4400 discs in mine). This is on Windows 7, I have it on OSX as well, but with a small library and all is fine. I reported it to Apple at:

»www.apple.com/feedback/i ··· app.html

Doug

Nezmo
MVM
Coppell, TX

2 edits

Nezmo

MVM

said by DO :

This is definitely a problem with iTunes 11.1.2. It is also happening to me and I found a couple of other reports on the net as well. It seems to happen with large libraries (I have 4400 discs in mine). This is on Windows 7, I have it on OSX as well, but with a small library and all is fine. I reported it to Apple at:

»www.apple.com/feedback/i ··· app.html

Doug

Thanks for the feedback. I have it on a Mac.

I have 27K+ songs. At least others see it so I can hope for a fix at some point. That is if Apple cares to acknowledge it.

To clarify my earlier description - iTunes does display Album view quickly when switching form another view. The delay is when you first try to scroll in album view.

GuruGuy
Premium Member
join:2002-12-16
Atlanta, GA

GuruGuy to Nezmo

Premium Member

to Nezmo
said by Nezmo:

Just installed the latest released today.

When syncing my iPhone it's showing a circling arrow as before against the device in iTunes but iTunes no longer shows what stage it's at (usually showing syncing music, movies, app etc in the window that shows what track you are playing).

Just me? I'm having a few teething problems on my mini with Mavericks and various app updates.

I've noticed that my stages will progress and then show "finishing sync".......from there it hangs and never finishes. This used to be an issue several iTunes versions ago and I haven't seen it for awhile.....until now.

DavidvGoliat
@ezecom.com.kh

DavidvGoliat to DO

Anon

to DO
I also had a problem with the recent update - after I downloaded, it said my version didn't download correctly and/ or was corrupted. WTF. I had to re-install.
Bummer.

Nezmo
MVM
Coppell, TX

2 edits

Nezmo

MVM

I've been doing some digging and see others are reporting the same issues as me and it's not necessarily with the latest version of iTunes. The two remaining issue I have are:

1. Beach balling for anything from 10 to 30 seconds when returning the album view and trying to scroll and/or open an album to view/play.

2. Random audio stops yet track is still 'playing' in iTunes. Pause and restart or skip tracks starts audio again.

Some report clearing plist files resolves the problems so perhaps it's possible for these files to get borked with upgrades, etc. Given my upgrade to Mavericks was a little sticky as far as iTunes goes it seems credible. Before I try that can anyone tell me if deleting the iTunes plist file will erase my iTunes settings? No huge deal if so - I'd just like to be prepared.

Edit - I may not even bother with the PLIST thing ... more research shows this is pretty widespread and likely an iTunes issue.

»discussions.apple.com/me ··· 23485492

Thanks.