MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY

Octavean to Mospaw

MVM

to Mospaw

Re: [iPad] New iPads

Same here.

The retina display of the third gen iPad was enough of an incentive for me to upgrade from my first gen iPad. The iPad Air is less of a compelling upgrade by comparison IMO. I sold my first gen iPad for ~$220 or so after I bought the iPad 3 though and looking back at the first gen iPad I am glad I am rid of it.

Upgrading helps stave off obsolescence and selling an older product can help pay for the newer one (unless you want to hand it down to a family member).

I personally have been having some difficulty dealing with the 16GB of my third gen iPad so stepping up to a 32GB iPad Air might be the way to address that problem.

Mospaw
My socks don't match.

join:2001-01-08
New Braunfels, TX

Mospaw

My 1st gen was a 32GB and it was "enough" but tight now and then. My 3rd gen is a 64GB and I'm happy to have the extra room. If I upgrade, I'll probably go with 128GB "just because". I use my iPad as a music device at work and more music to choose from is always better.

Octavean
MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY

Octavean

MVM

said by Mospaw:

My 1st gen was a 32GB and it was "enough" but tight now and then. My 3rd gen is a 64GB and I'm happy to have the extra room. If I upgrade, I'll probably go with 128GB "just because". I use my iPad as a music device at work and more music to choose from is always better.

That's one way to do it,....

I've toyed with the idea of buying a 128GB iPad when it first came out. I wouldn't need 128GB but what I was thinking was when the time comes to sell it (every other gen) I could probably buy the the next gen 64GB model without adding addition funding.

That may be of questionable logic though,......

I kind of wish Apple would just drop the 16GB model and make 32GB the minimum at an entry level $499 for WiFi only. At any even't 16GB just isn't cutting it for me any more so I can almost, just about see stepping up to the 32GB iPad Air,.....as soon as it becomes available . I'm leaning towards just buying the 32GB iPad Air but if Apple had included the TouchID option it would have been a much easier decision.