Can*

Noiche
Premium Member
join:2013-06-17
Apo, AP

Noiche to Savious

Premium Member

to Savious
I'm willing to play some hardcore modes with people when I return. Furtherest I made it in beta was 45 or 50 on a hardcore maruader before dieing to stupidity. All my stuff should have been shuffled to normal/standard ladder by now, being that it was in earlier ladder/leagues, so I'll be mostly joining the crew on that place.

Always willing to start a new and interesting league though with some peoples for fun. Should be on in a little over a week or so.

ironweasel
Weezy
Premium Member
join:2000-09-13
Belen, NM

1 edit

ironweasel to Gundy

Premium Member

to Gundy
I have a low-30's Shadow in the Standard league and I started a Ranger in the Domination league yesterday - she's almost level 20 so far.

So far, I'm liking the Ranger more, but I'll probably try out all the classes at some point.

Savious
Premium Member
join:2012-03-05
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

I am running a 42 Templar right now. Thinking about starting a lightning witch. Hit me up if your interested.

pr1mo
Premium Member
join:2003-11-12
Chicago, IL

pr1mo to Savious

Premium Member

to Savious
Maaaan, I changed my duelist once again (I got some currency, so switching to different specs it's much of a problem for me right now).

I rearranged quite a few of my passives for Spectral Throw (AoE + Life On Hit) and Double Strike (Single Target).

I have two 5-Links; my 2h axe and my chest armor.

**Spectral Throw - Faster Attacks - Added Fire - Life Gain on Hit - Weapon Elemental Damage (Chest)

**Double Strike is only 4-Linked at the moment with Multistrike/Faster Attacks/Added Melee Physical.

On the 5-Link axe, I have; Cast When Damage Taken, Temporal Chains, Enduring Cry, Molten Shell, and Immortal Call (this shit is too OP, nerf incoming for sure). I might link another Enduring Cry in hopes of reaching 5 charges faster. With this current linkage, Immortal Call procs non-stop so I'm not really benefiting from armor with the charges being used up so fast. Now that I think about it, I can always remove immortal call from the lineup and use it standalone. Hmm, got no class today and GF will be out at a baby shower, so I shall be gaming as soon as I leave work today. Can't wait to make some changes!

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

Saw that on build of the week. No GMP or LMP? Looked fun as hell though.

You know what's also OP? Blocking. No matter what shield you use, if you block you block all the damage.

Right now with a few more passives to pick up in at 64% block for melee and ranged and 49% for spell block.

After I hit 64 it will be 75% for both and I'll have huge armor and es buffs as well.

Tempest shield and molten shell are a sweet, sweet combo.

pr1mo
Premium Member
Chicago, IL

pr1mo to Savious

Premium Member

to Savious
Not sure why I posted the weapon elemental damage gem, it's Lesser Multiple Projectiles not WED.

Haven't messed with block that much, but I do have a very nice Life/tri-res shield I was using for my previous 1H/Shield Reave build I had going. There are a lot of block passives though so I'm sure you can get up there in terms of damage mitigation. I just use enduring cry/armor from gear to attain 90% damage reduction (physical) with 77% resistances.

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

The nice thing is Tempest Shield does damage while also mitigation incoming damage. I can literally stand in the Jungle in Act 2 Cruel and watch monkeys die while I send a text message to my wife.

Although, after watching the video of spectral throw and stuff, that looks really fun. Leaping around like a wildman, haha.

I find the Cast When Damage Taken gem is really what makes your build OP. Basically you are always casting spells because you never level your CWDT up, and there is no cast speed or animation for CWDT, which is really what pushes it over the top. Instant cast is just bonkers.
Savious

Savious to pr1mo

Premium Member

to pr1mo
Have you found anything that shows you how many sockets an item can have?

pr1mo
Premium Member
Chicago, IL

pr1mo

Premium Member

Wiki has all that information but I'll let you know here about the sockets.

2H weapons can have 6 sockets.
1H + Shields can have a max of 3 each.
Chest armor is the only armor that can have 6 sockets.
Every other armor piece can have a max of 4 sockets.

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

Doesnt it depend on the iLVL as well?

pr1mo
Premium Member
Chicago, IL

pr1mo to Savious

Premium Member

to Savious
Yes it does, those numbers I don't remember off the top of my head, but I know that an item has to have an ilvl of at least 50 to be able to hit 6 sockets.

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

Sweet. I got a lot of high iLVL gear that has potential than. Need to get me some jewelin orbs!

Gundy
Premium Member
join:2002-10-29

Gundy to Savious

Premium Member

to Savious
Okay so I have been playing pretty hardcore since release and I gotta say... is there some sort of 'lag' or 'desync' issue floating around? I don't know how many times I've been swinging at stuff and theres a split second delay with it making contact and then dying. Same deal with loot, will be smashing a group of mobs and then the loot pops up about 2 feet away.. uhh...?

Didn't experience this in the beta..?

ironweasel
Weezy
Premium Member
join:2000-09-13
Belen, NM

ironweasel

Premium Member

Yeah, there seems to be a fair amount of desync issues running around.

Type "/oos" into the chat box and it resyncs you.
GoRaptors
join:2011-07-22
London, ON

GoRaptors to Gundy

to Gundy
Ya, someone I know has played about 50 hours since launch, and is furious with the desync issue, he says it is a crazy amount, more then he has ever experienced. I was going 2 post & ask you guys about it, but been super busy with college work. I may still give this game a try, I have Marvel Heroes installed as well. Kinda similar I think..Anyways back 2 my project! Cheers!

Gundy
Premium Member

Gundy to ironweasel

Premium Member

to ironweasel
Yeah I've read about using /oos , however trying to type that shit in the middle of a battle playing hardcore makes me sad.
GoRaptors
join:2011-07-22
London, ON

GoRaptors

Ok another person is stating(and do *not* ask me for the specifics cos I don't know, I have not played nor installed the game) that you can force the game to synch with something like autohotkey? I have no idea what that means so. Anyways just saying/throwing it out there. Cheers! :P! ! !

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

I've noticed some minor desyncing. Nothing I didnt see playing D2 online though.

a2nxtcrav3r
Pokes People With Stick
Premium Member
join:2003-07-13
San Jose, CA

a2nxtcrav3r to Savious

Premium Member

to Savious
zapyousilly is my marauders name i abandoned it months ago Lightning Arrow build, not sure how to spec now with new grid and all the changes ( shock stacking nerf)

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

I'll add you tomorrow night.

If I missed anyone, please post below here.

Gundy
Premium Member

Gundy to Savious

Premium Member

to Savious
I can't hold onto orb currency for the life of me. I just got my marauder to cruel act2 tonight and just burn through my orbs trying to upgrade my gear.. Starting to think its going to bite me in the ass with nemesis mode.

Heard about some merviel farming, so I might attempt to farm up some items tomorrow night.

pr1mo
Premium Member
Chicago, IL

pr1mo to Savious

Premium Member

to Savious
Desync is probably the largest currently ongoing issue with Path of Exile. It's especially bad when playing as melee (which I am). I have learned to get accustomed to it. I just side step my character a few pixels here and there and continue unleashing my wrath. GGG has stated that most changes to resolve this issue would have to include client side changes/configurations. This in turn, would allow for much more hacking/cheating. I do believe that GGG has a plan though and I remember there is a long post somewhere on the official forums regarding desync and a possible fix. I'm at work and too lazy to find it at the moment.
pr1mo

pr1mo to Gundy

Premium Member

to Gundy
said by Gundy:

I can't hold onto orb currency for the life of me. I just got my marauder to cruel act2 tonight and just burn through my orbs trying to upgrade my gear.. Starting to think its going to bite me in the ass with nemesis mode.

Heard about some merviel farming, so I might attempt to farm up some items tomorrow night.

Get yourself a Cold Resistance flask and some cold resistance gear and you should be fine.

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

Lightning thorns is dumb.
Savious

Savious

Premium Member

Got my duelist from level 1 to 38 yesterday. Wife was at work and I was huuuungovvvver.

pr1mo
Premium Member
Chicago, IL

pr1mo to Savious

Premium Member

to Savious
Nice. I'm raping rare maps. Currently working on 69-72s as I haven't gotten any better map drops than that. ST/Double Strike duelist can pretty much face MOST map mads.

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

ST?
Savious

Savious

Premium Member

SOOOOO many Alchemy Orbs in the stash now, lol.

pr1mo
Premium Member
Chicago, IL

pr1mo to Savious

Premium Member

to Savious
Spectral Throw with LMP + Life Gain on Hit

Double Strike with Life Leech and Multistrike

...soooo yummy.