how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

somebodeez
Premium,MVM
join:2001-09-24
here

Renewal Time - Any gift card promos this year?

Hello All,
It's coming up on renewal time for us and I was wondering if there were any gift card promos this year?

guppy_fish
Premium
join:2003-12-09
Lakeland, FL
kudos:3
Nothing if your a current customer

chewypgh

join:2007-12-17
Pittsburgh, PA
said by guppy_fish:

That's not true. My contract is up next month and the online offer to renew gave me the choice of a $120 Visa prepaid card, 12 months of free HBO or $5 credit for 24 months.

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ
reply to somebodeez
First the good news, they offer a $120 Visa card for a 2 year renewal. Now the bad news, the same ExtremeHD triple play will cost $30 more a month then Im currently paying so the net increase, including the Visa card, is $600 more in Verizons pocket. I thought about it then said , no thanks..

somebodeez
Premium,MVM
join:2001-09-24
here
reply to somebodeez
Ok thanks, All.

roma007

join:2005-10-03
Livingston, NJ
reply to somebodeez
Yes, I just went through the same, got the $120 off for 24 mos, in the form of a $5 credit each month, but overall I will be paying the same $114.99 for Extreme, 50/25 and Phone. With HBO/Showtime price goes up to by $20, which I declined.

Price for new customers shows $114.99 (on verizon.com) for the same package (with the premium channels i think), so it is unfortunate that they won't give it to existing customers. At least i still get the multi-room dvr free for life.

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ
said by roma007:

At least i still get the multi-room dvr free for life.

Would be interesting to the see the internal retentive rate for those subscribers with the free for life MDVR. My guess it's probably 90% or higher as that probably adds $25+/mo to any competitive offer.

dennismurphy
Put me on hold? I'll put YOU on hold
Premium
join:2002-11-19
Parsippany, NJ
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by bohratom:

said by roma007:

At least i still get the multi-room dvr free for life.

Would be interesting to the see the internal retentive rate for those subscribers with the free for life MDVR. My guess it's probably 90% or higher as that probably adds $25+/mo to any competitive offer.

Agreed. I was /thrilled/ to be part of that promo.

Many moons ago in a life far away, I paid for a 'lifetime' DVR subscription with DirecTV. Best $200 I ever spent - that thing paid for itself over and over and over again. To this day, even if I reopened my DirecTV account, I'd still have free DVR service.

The FiOS "MRDVR for Life" promo was fantastic. Came along at just the right time as I bought a new home in a FiOS area. Made the transition from DirecTV just that much easier.

just lou

join:2008-05-16
Staten Island, NY
reply to chewypgh
said by chewypgh:

said by guppy_fish:

That's not true. My contract is up next month and the online offer to renew gave me the choice of a $120 Visa prepaid card, 12 months of free HBO or $5 credit for 24 months.

Agreed. I got the $300 card +$5 a month credit last time my contract was up, and they're offering me similar to what you see to renew now.