uniqs

Weasel
Premium Member
join:2001-12-03
Minnesota

Weasel

Premium Member

[Education] Exchange 2010 Public Folder permissions

I've beat my head on this one for a while, I need some help.

Exchange 2010 server using public folders for calendars for computer lab sign outs.

We have a lot of them and I am trying to clean it up a bit so a teacher in one building doesn't see all of them, just those in their building.

I figured out how to assign a group to a public folder to assign permissions (what a process that turned out to be), but after assigning the group, the permissions do not work.

I can assign a user and immediately permissions are in place. With the group, nothing. I assume I am missing a step somewhere...
mikefxu
join:2004-10-05
Titusville, FL

mikefxu

I find it can take a few hours for the permissions to propagate to the user. I have found doing a gpupdate will make it happen immediately.

Weasel
Premium Member
Minnesota

Weasel

Premium Member

I did try a gpupdate in my troubleshooting, but no dice.

I will go back and give it a few hours as well and see if that makes the difference.
Weasel

Weasel

Premium Member

Still no go after giving it a few hours and a gpupdate.
mikefxu
join:2004-10-05
Titusville, FL

1 edit

mikefxu

Click for full size
I know its a stupid question. You did add the user to the group?

Weasel
Premium Member
Minnesota

Weasel

Premium Member

I did, double checked that one a few times.

Here is what I did to get where I am:

In ADUC on a DC, created a Universal Security Group. Added my user. On Exchange, I went in and clicked on New Distribution Group, selected Existing Group, found my new group, went through the wizard to make the alias.

Back in Outlook, found the Public folder calendar, went to the permissions tab and found my new group. Added it and give it author permissions.