uniqs

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to guillaume

Premium Member

to guillaume

Re: [Internet] When occur the next Sagemcom update?

said by guillaume:

And the bridge mode, someone know how to set it up?

Like you've been told many times, there is no true bridge on the Sagemcom. Reset to default, and plug in a router to any of the Sagemcom's WAN port and it will function in PPPoE Passthru mode...

It's currently got a limit of 35mbps in this mode, but hopefully the new firmware will address that issue.

guillaume
join:2013-07-20
L'Orignal, ON

guillaume

Cool I will try!

chris tofer
@206.47.249.x

chris tofer

Anon

ummm the SageCom only has 1 wan port, you mean any of the SageCom's LAN port?
why would someone want to put it in overpass / bridge mode? whats wrong with just using it normal like the rest of us canadians?

guillaume
join:2013-07-20
L'Orignal, ON

guillaume

Because I have a NAS and I want a dedicaded acces from the outside. I need to put one of the two modem in bridge mode for direcly connect the NAS to the internet.

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to chris tofer

Premium Member

to chris tofer
said by chris tofer :

ummm the SageCom only has 1 wan port, you mean any of the SageCom's LAN port?
why would someone want to put it in overpass / bridge mode? whats wrong with just using it normal like the rest of us canadians?

Yeah, I meant LAN ports... thanks for spotting the error.

As for "using it like the rest of us canadians"...

This device is seriously crippled and limited. In the current firmware the port forwarding doesn't even work... I won't even get into Sync No Surf bug.

JC_
Premium Member
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON

JC_ to HiVolt

Premium Member

to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

said by guillaume:

And the bridge mode, someone know how to set it up?

It's currently got a limit of 35mbps in this mode, but hopefully the new firmware will address that issue.

That wouldn't be an issue for the OP as he lives in L'Orignal, nothing faster than 15/1 and likely won't be anything faster for a while.

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

If it's 15/1, then I'd be buying a cheap ADSL2+ modem and be off to the races and shove the Bell monstrosity in the closet.
mr weather
Premium Member
join:2002-02-27
Mississauga, ON

mr weather

Premium Member

From what I've read the Sagemcom hardware isn't bad. It's just that Bell loads an amazingly shitty firmware that completely cripples the device.

I'm on the Fibe 25 service so the hobbled bridged mode works fine for me.

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

True, hardware is most likely fine, as it always had good sync for me. But even Rogers puts a bridge mode function in their all in one cablemodem/router gizmos, so if you want you can set it to bridge and bypass the garbage.

Bell hasn't allowed a proper bridge mode since the SpeedStream modems. 2Wire, Cellpipe & Sagemcom don't have a proper bridge mode and a way to disable the modem's routing features.

answer_guy
@bell.ca

answer_guy

Anon

The modem can't be managed remotely via TR069 without a PPPOE session in the modem - hence no bridge mode.

TOPDAWG
Premium Member
join:2005-04-27
Calgary, AB

2 edits

TOPDAWG to HiVolt

Premium Member

to HiVolt
shit pisses me off. my in-laws got the white 2wire I think. guess it had a new firmware too? I had to go over there was going anyway cause their net dead. I had it in bridge mode using a router. this is the one I'm talking about.

I was forever getting that dumb bastard up and running again I have never been in a router or modem interface as slow and unresponsive as this thing is before. for whatever reason hooking right into it would not give me that bell web-page you have to do to get on-line again. when I connected wireless to it then that page came up. may as well ask here. how do I change the DNS on that thing anyway? I let them use my US DNS I get with my VPN to get US netflix. I went into the setting and changed the DNS to the US one but it just made netflix not work and killed everything. Here is the page I went into and PI picked manual. Any other setting I had to change?