spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Contrex
join:2006-09-08
Pointe-Claire, QC

Contrex

[DSL] Question re. order form

I am considering switching over my DSL subscription, but am confused a bit by the order form:

1) When I select a 10 mbits package in the drop-down menu, the confirmation box on the right shows 7 mbits. I guess that's just an oversight, that the online form values weren't properly updated at some point? Or what will I be getting when I order 10 mbits?

2) Further below I'm asked for my "Current cable internet provider".
Well, I don't have a *cable* internet provider, but I'm having DSL right now. So do I just ignore the "cable" in that phrase?
And what am I supposed to put into the field below, for "Name of provider" (when I already chose Bell in the drop-down menu)? Is that just for the case I picked "Other" in the provider option?

Also, I currently have the 15/10 DSL package from Bell. I guess that means all the required wiring has been done on Bell's side already (so I guess there's no need for any technicians to come out)? Is that something you can determine just by looking at my phone number in the order, or is there a need to mention my current subscription anywhere.

And as far as my phone number (landline) is concerned — if I pick your landline option, I guess I will keep my current number?

diskace
Retired
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21

diskace

Premium Member

what is the url of the form you are using. We have a couple....
Contrex
Pointe-Claire, QC

Contrex

I start by selecting "FTTN High Speed 10" (»www.electronicbox.net/en ··· tesse-7/), and then click the "Order" button (which brings me to »secure.electronicbox.net ··· ndex.php).

I also noticed that, if I select a "Package" from the front page, the phone option is listed as $19.95, but if I start with only DSL, and then add the phone option in the order form, it's only $14.95:

vs.

Is there a difference between these two options?
Contrex

Contrex

So... nobody can answer these (rather straightforward) questions???

I was all set, and ready to go with EB. But, after not getting any response for four days, I'm starting to have my doubts. What if I have real issues once I'm a subscriber? Is that the same kind of turnaround time I will have to expect in the future?
Expand your moderator at work

Seb Gontrand
join:2013-08-16
Longueuil, QC

Seb Gontrand to Contrex

to Contrex

Re: [DSL] Question re. order form

Juste do a call ans you will have an answer. They answered on the forum, but not all times. 70% it's user of electronicbox like me who answer.

Désolé pour mon anglais déjà que le français ce n'est pas mon fort. Pour vraiment avoir une réponse de leur part rapide faut vraiment les appelés. Ils répondent sur le forum, mais 70% c'est les utilisateurs comme moi répondent en premier. Les fins de semaines c'est bien souvent morts pour les réponses. Appel les cela va leur faire un plaisir de réponde.

D'après moi c'est un bug sur leur site.
barneymolle
join:2013-01-27

barneymolle to Contrex

to Contrex
said by Contrex:

Is there a difference between these two options?
So... nobody can answer these (rather straightforward) questions???

Sorry to see that you are having a difficult time of it.
When I signed up it went smooth as silk and I also signed up as a group of 4.

1- The $14.95 price that you see is the discount you get for ordering both services, internet and phone at the same time.
I am 99.9% sure that the phone service at $14.95 is the standard residential service without long distance with no differences from the one on the front page at $19.95

2- Don't worry about filling in your current cable provider.
Just put n/a in the box.

If you have any more questions call ebox at 1-877-282-6933
I have had nothing but excellent, prompt service from them.

Also I have been a customer for a month now and my connection has been exactly as purchased.
20 down and 10 up consistently.

Cesco
Electronic Box
Premium Member
join:2009-01-28
Montreal, QC

Cesco to Contrex

Premium Member

to Contrex
The forum is not an official troubleshooting venue. The folks at EB hop on and answer as a courtesy (and truly appreciated) but are not bound to answer each and every question.
Give them a call instead. Things get resolved much quicker and you'll be enjoying newfound speed.
Cheers.

diskace
Retired
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21

diskace to Contrex

Premium Member

to Contrex
said by Contrex:

I am considering switching over my DSL subscription, but am confused a bit by the order form:

1) When I select a 10 mbits package in the drop-down menu, the confirmation box on the right shows 7 mbits. I guess that's just an oversight, that the online form values weren't properly updated at some point? Or what will I be getting when I order 10 mbits?

2) Further below I'm asked for my "Current cable internet provider".
Well, I don't have a *cable* internet provider, but I'm having DSL right now. So do I just ignore the "cable" in that phrase?
And what am I supposed to put into the field below, for "Name of provider" (when I already chose Bell in the drop-down menu)? Is that just for the case I picked "Other" in the provider option?

Also, I currently have the 15/10 DSL package from Bell. I guess that means all the required wiring has been done on Bell's side already (so I guess there's no need for any technicians to come out)? Is that something you can determine just by looking at my phone number in the order, or is there a need to mention my current subscription anywhere.

And as far as my phone number (landline) is concerned — if I pick your landline option, I guess I will keep my current number?

The form is fixed now, thanks for reporting the issue.

The forum here is not an official way of getting support *yet*. It's a community so we are not always responding.

Regarding which name when you select Bell, just put Bell again and it's fine. You are right it's usefull for when you select 'Other'.

There is always a full install when you order FTTN even if you switch from Bell. They will make sure the wiring is still ok. It's a prevention measure more than anything else. You can't avoid it nor skip the fees attached to this.

For the landline yes we can keep the same number in major cities. If you would like, post the first 6 digits of the number you wish to port and we can verify if it's eligible.

The price on the website @ 19.95$ for the landline INCLUDE the mediatrix voip adaptor rental as specified in the detail of the product. If you go with DSL, the mediatrix is not the proper device so the landline pricing is 14.95$/month and you can provide your own voip adaptor or buy/rent the devide we recommend 'Thomson TG784'. The devide include a modem and a wifi router so if you already have a modem it might be cheaper just to bring your own device.

Hope this help.
GuiGQc
join:2012-02-22
Gatineau, QC

GuiGQc

said by diskace:

The forum here is not an official way of getting support *yet*.

I like hearing that "*yet*"!
Is it safe to assume that Ebox is closer to have an "ISP DIRECT to member support" forum section?
Contrex
Pointe-Claire, QC

Contrex to diskace

to diskace
said by diskace:

The price on the website @ 19.95$ for the landline INCLUDE the mediatrix voip adaptor rental as specified in the detail of the product. If you go with DSL, the mediatrix is not the proper device so the landline pricing is 14.95$/month and you can provide your own voip adaptor or buy/rent the devide we recommend 'Thomson TG784'. The devide include a modem and a wifi router so if you already have a modem it might be cheaper just to bring your own device.

I don't understand that part. A "landline" doesn't need an adapter...
But you seem to be selling VOIP service, and call it "landline", even though they're they're totally different things.
And nowhere on the DSL order page is it mentioned that I need a VOIP adapter (let alone an option to order one). It only talks about landlines.

But nevermind... after all these warning signs I've decided not to go with EB after all.
GuiGQc
join:2012-02-22
Gatineau, QC

GuiGQc

said by Contrex:

And nowhere on the DSL order page is it mentioned that I need a VOIP adapter (let alone an option to order one). It only talks about landlines.

It used to be on the DSL modem fees before the new website layout. The premium modem was showing that it was a 2-in-1 "Modem+VoIP ATA" (and maybe even 3-in-1 with a wireless router).

On the telephone section though, it states the following:
"(pricing include rental of voip hardware. Hardware can be sold separately in exchange of a 5$/month discount )"