uniqs

mark40511
join:2004-10-12
Lexington, KY

mark40511

Conundrum in Lexington

Click for full size
Click for full size
24 meg bonded package in Lexington......and even though I feel for a lot of Windstream customers after some of the things I've read on here, my connection has been pretty awesome....

But I want to share this to get anyone's thoughts.

A few weeks ago, I had an issue where, instead of getting 24 down (which I usually did) 24/7, no matter what time of day, I was getting around 17 down. That prompted me to log into the comtrend to look at statistics. It was then I saw that out of the two line stats, (line 0) and (line 1), that line 1 had not so good #'s compared to line 0........I called support and they saw what I was seeing so they scheduled a tech to come out........

He came out (he is a REALLY good tech) and fixed the problem but he had to run a "new line to the pedestal, which had to later be buried. He said to call him or text him to let him know if it hadn't been buried by a certain time. A few weeks went by and still not buried , so he arranged for someone to come out and bury it today. He said when they bury it the internet and phone would go out but would come back on, which it did.

So now today, I notice I'm back full circle.........After they buried the line, the stats on line 1 are back down to HALF of what they should be.

My internet is still very usable. No disconnects, ping times are not bad.

I text the tech to let him know about this.

I REALLY was so glad they FINALLY buried the cable, only for this to happen. I hope another line doesn't have to be ran and it's something minor.

OSUGoose
join:2007-12-27
Columbus, OH

OSUGoose

Are they burying it ontop/near the power feed?

mark40511
join:2004-10-12
Lexington, KY

mark40511

I have no clue.......All I know is the weeks the line lay on top of the ground, stats were equal on both lines
mark40511

mark40511

SOLVED...........Tech said when the contractor buried the line, he didn't hook it up at the pedestal!......and he said he apologized for the mess they left . He said he had never seen such a mess left after a contractor buried a cable.........But yesterday when they buried it, it was so freaking cold and windy and overcast.......a rotten day.....same as today.....Maybe that's why? At any rate, it's fixed. Numbers are all good.
mark40511

mark40511

Been working REALLY well since fixed -

Hope it lasts : D