uniqs
share rss forum feed

cypherstream
Premium,MVM
join:2004-12-02
Reading, PA
kudos:3
reply to Acct101

Re: [Content] So does Comcast ever add channels?

You guys didn't get part NBC Universal / Univision distributed El Rey network HD on 1/2 like TWC got?

There were 4 minority inspired networks as part of the Comcast / NBC merger, el Rey, revolt, aspire, and some other that escapes my mind. Do you have any of those?

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
join:2001-12-28
Wilmington, DE
kudos:2

Nope. Nothing.

dishrich

join:2006-05-12
Springfield, IL

But you DID at least get them in SD, right??? We got all of them...in glorious SD, of course!

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
Wilmington, DE

No, nothing. Well - we have Aspire (I think in SD) - but none of the others.
--
"ONE team - ONE city - ONE dream!!"

camper
Premium
join:2010-03-21
Bethel, CT
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to dishrich

said by dishrich:

But you DID at least get them in SD, right??? We got all of them...in glorious SD, of course!

I just received a new channel lineup listing with the end-of-December bill.

I do not see any of the channels you mention on that channel listing. There was a note that a new Adult pay per view channel (in the SD channel range) will be added at the end of January.

cypherstream
Premium,MVM
Reading, PA
reply to JeepMatt

Matt I just think that's really weird because your basically in Comcasts backyard. I would of thought that area would set the example for all others.

Acct101

join:2011-09-20
Bensalem, PA
reply to Acct101

Does everyone have 16 HD channels above channel 1000?

telcodad

join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

said by Acct101:

Does everyone have 16 HD channels above channel 1000?

We have 18 of those here in Monmouth County, NJ:

1216 Bloomberg TV HD
1217 C-SPAN HD
1218 News 12 NJ HD
1225 BBC America HD
1262 Nat Geo Wild HD
1265 Smithsonian HD
1316 TV Guide Network HD
1318 EWTN HD
1325 GSN HD
1334 Oxygen HD
1345 Ovation HD
1368 Galavision HD
1505 Sprout HD
1511 The Hub HD
1512 Fox Soccer Channel HD
1513 GOL TV HD
1630 Outdoor Channel HD
1631 Sportsman HD

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
Wilmington, DE
Reviews:
·Comcast

Telco-
GOL TV HD was removed almost a year ago. And of course Fox Soccer is now FXX.

Looks like you guys have an extra in News 12 NJ HD at 1218.

All we've heard is that there's this BIG thing happening during the Olympics. I'll shut my mouth until then. LOL.
--

telcodad

Lincroft, NJ

said by JeepMatt:

Telco-
GOL TV HD was removed almost a year ago. And of course Fox Soccer is now FXX.

Jeez, looks like Comcast is a bit behind in updating their online channel listings then [though I did know about the Fox Soccer to FXX transition, but that's what happens when you blindly copy something. ].

said by JeepMatt:

Looks like you guys have an extra in News 12 NJ HD at 1218.

Yeah, that's a regional channel, its market is the NYC DMA portion of NJ: »en.wikipedia.org/wiki/News_12_Networks

camper
Premium
Bethel, CT
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to telcodad

said by telcodad:

1216 Bloomberg TV HD

A year ago, BloombergTV HD appeared on the channel list here (channel 1116), but it never was offered.

I notice that it is not on the channel list that I recently received.

telcodad

Lincroft, NJ

said by camper:

said by telcodad:

1216 Bloomberg TV HD

A year ago, BloombergTV HD appeared on the channel list here (channel 1116), but it never was offered.

I notice that it is not on the channel list that I recently received.

Probably due to what you and others had discussed in this thread: »[Content] Comcast forced to move Bloomberg TV

truetrue

@comcast.net

Did we always have TCMHD?...I don't remember having it before, but then again the way Comcast groups their HD channels is so terrible I might have just been missing it.

I'm also seeing a channel called UPHD(Uplifting Entertainment)

Did we also have DXDHD before?..Disney XD

I'm in Northern Virginia...Why does Comcast have doubles off their HD channels?...As an example, does having TNT as and HD channel on 825 and also having TNTHD on 249 waste space?...It seems to me like it obviously would, can someone clear this up for me please.

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
Wilmington, DE
Reviews:
·Comcast

True-
Here in Northern DE - we've had TCM HD for quite some time.

UP HD used to be GMC (Gospel Music Channel) HD

DXD HD has been here since the June 2012 adds (last time we got a new HD channel)

As far as your duplicate HD question - WOW - they took away our duplicates here in the 200's over a year ago - surprised they're being so lazy in your area. However - the channel is just mirrored into 2 different channel ID's - they are not using "double the bandwidth" so to speak.

For instance, they could put CNN HD on 24 different channel #'s, but it'd only be the one QAM being used.
--

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
Wilmington, DE
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to telcodad

Telco-
The only thing that kills me about the 1000s channels is that Center City Philly has had Cooking at 1321, DIY (right around there) and Reelz HD in the 1600's for TWO YEARS.

Yes- over two years Philly's center city system has had these and they were never given to the burbs.

We're a big foodie / cooking family - i've been dying to get COOK in HD.
--

telcodad

Lincroft, NJ

Yeah, now that we have had channels in the 1000s for a while »[HD] HD channels 1002-1900s , I don't know what Comcast is waiting for to go to the next phase in the transition to the MCLU.

telcodad

Lincroft, NJ
reply to camper

Here is the channel adds/changes notice printed in my end-of-December (12/31) bill:

quote:
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Effective January 28, 2014, the following channels will be added to MultiLatino Max: CNBC ch 33, CNBC HD ch 819, FX ch 65, FX HD ch 824, MSNBC ch 34 and MSNBC HD ch 818.

LoveHD

join:2011-07-31
reply to Acct101

Whenever Comcast finally chooses to roll out more HD, is it likely to get done on a national level?

I am asking because of the apparent, deliberate hold. (Which is why people are upset.) And that the particular programmers' HD would be ones which should get rolled out nationally. (Examples of that would be beIN Sport HD, Fox Sports 2 HD, and TV Land HD.)

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
Wilmington, DE
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 recommendation

Love-
Personally I have no idea.

However I'm still keeping my potential theory alive:

- They're going to announce that via the X1/X2 platform - all new HD will be delivered via IP. They'll then slowly migrate more channels over to IP as needed to reclaim more QAM's for HSI.
- If this does turn true - they could theoretically add channels nationwide at the same time.

Yes, this would "screw" existing customers with older boxes - but will be an incentive for them to upgrade to the new platform. However - they have the "core" HD channels right now via QAM - so it wouldn't be such a huge uprising.

From hearing friends that work at Comcast corporate in Philly tell me that "IP is the huge word right now" to one of our local soccer writers when asking about the Extra Time channels "We're working really hard right now to finish our plans to deliver these channels to you live (hint, IPTV)"...maybe it's not that far fetched of an idea.

LoveHD

It sounds like IP is the only technical way to deliver the capacity needed for high definition. I wonder how long it takes to get going. In all of this, Comcast has to come through. So one would think.

telcodad

Lincroft, NJ
reply to JeepMatt

said by JeepMatt:

Love-
Personally I have no idea.

However I'm still keeping my potential theory alive:

- They're going to announce that via the X1/X2 platform - all new HD will be delivered via IP. They'll then slowly migrate more channels over to IP as needed to reclaim more QAM's for HSI.
:
Yes, this would "screw" existing customers with older boxes - but will be an incentive for them to upgrade to the new platform.

Yes, that jives with my "saving/clearing spectrum space for D3.1" theory »Re: [Content] So does Comcast ever add channels? , and I like your X1/X2 platform angle.

Makes me wonder if future X2 (or "X3"?) platform devices will be spec'ed to be DOCSIS 3.1 compliant?

camper
Premium
Bethel, CT
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by telcodad:

Makes me wonder if future X2 (or "X3"?) platform devices will be spec'ed to be DOCSIS 3.1 compliant?

IP-based TV is really just a higher-granularity version of SDV that Comcast seems to have passed up on.

Maybe that's why Comcast did pass on SDV, they wanted to leap-frog it and go all the way to IP-based TV.

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
Wilmington, DE
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 edit

G4 HD is officially gone as of this morning.

YAY! More open QAM space...

Sigh....the Brighthouse Tampa lineup...I drool after reading this...

»applications.brighthouse.com/cha···ult.aspx

GTFan

join:2004-12-03
reply to telcodad

said by telcodad:

Yeah, now that we have had channels in the 1000s for a while »[HD] HD channels 1002-1900s , I don't know what Comcast is waiting for to go to the next phase in the transition to the MCLU.

We have no channels in the 1000s, the last few HDs added here were in the mid 700s.

LoveHD

reply to JeepMatt

said by JeepMatt:

G4 HD is officially gone as of this morning.

YAY! More open QAM space...

Sigh....the Brighthouse Tampa lineup...I drool after reading this...

»applications.brighthouse.com/cha···ult.aspx

I took a look at that lineup from Bright House. In addition to Tampa, Florida I also looked at the list from the Detroit, Michigan systems.

The company has HD that makes it ahead of everyone. Michigan has Great American Country HD. That's not a channel available anywhere else, right? GAC must have recently gone high def.

I'm seeing fuller lists of Encore in HD. I was seeing those in the Tampa lineup. The secondary channels in HD. Those must be new to high definition.

Why is it Bright House can do this but not Comcast?

cypherstream
Premium,MVM
Reading, PA

GAC went HD in early November.

Bright House is the HD leader over all cable and sattelite providers.

Are they privately owned company? If so maybe that's why. No one to answer to but themselves. There's pros and cons going public, but in this situation, appeasing to shareholders does nothing but slow this industry down.

telcodad

Lincroft, NJ

said by cypherstream:

Bright House is the HD leader over all cable and satellite providers.

Are they privately owned company? If so maybe that's why. No one to answer to but themselves. There's pros and cons going public, but in this situation, appeasing to shareholders does nothing but slow this industry down.

They're owned by Advance/Newhouse Communications, a privately-owned company: »en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bright_House_Networks

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
Wilmington, DE
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to LoveHD

said by LoveHD:

BHN and Time Warner invested in SDV. All of these new HD channels get immediately added to the SDV pool. It's as simple as that. There's no need to worry about bandwidth, open QAM's, nada.

They had great foresight.
--

LoveHD

said by JeepMatt:

said by LoveHD:

BHN and Time Warner invested in SDV. All of these new HD channels get immediately added to the SDV pool. It's as simple as that. There's no need to worry about bandwidth, open QAM's, nada.

They had great foresight.

Yet, Comcast couldn't even get its cutting edge x-whatever receiver platform rolled out to existing and new customers efficiently, correct?

Hell of a thing!

osravens

join:2011-01-26
Cumberland, MD
reply to Acct101

GAC HD just launched in November, Bright House and RCN in some markets are the only providers that currently have it, but some Charter all-digital areas will be adding it soon.