rileywed
@rogers.com

1 edit

rileywed

Anon

[Modem] 3 Modems, same issue. Inconsistent Upload

Hey guys,
Maybe someone can shed some light on to this:

I have three internet modems in the house (150/10, Ultimate on each). We run a daily show that we live-stream, and need the bandwidth for the different camera's and what-not.

About a week and a half ago, Our upload has gotten super inconsistent on each modem. We utilize about 8-9Mbps to stream, this set up worked great for about 8 months until the last week and a half.

While streaming, my upload will reduce to about 1Mbps (causing everything to screw up) and stay that way for a bit, then it will jump back up and be fine.

Couple things I've noticed:

Upstream channels went from 4 to 3 on each modem
Each modem got a new IP before the issues started

Port 1 2 3 4
Frequency (Hz) 38596000 30596000 23700000
Bandwidth (kbps/KHz) 3200000 6400000 6400000
ModulationType ATDMA ATDMA ATDMA
Signal power (dBmV) 42.2500 42.2500 42.2500
Channel ID 1 2 3

Thats my upstream on the modem/router (Hitron)

ANY help would be appreciated. Rogers tech support is looking in to it but I don't have much faith that they'll find a solution.

ANTON22112
@dc-uoit.net

ANTON22112

Anon

Re: [Internet] 3 Modems, same issue. Inconsistent Upload

LOOKS LIKE YOUR ONE OF MANY PEOPLE WHO LOST ONE OF THIER UPSTREAM CHANNELS, THIS IS USUALLY BECAUSE ROGERS IS DOING WORK IN YOUR AREA, SO DONT EXPECT TO FINISH THIS ANY TIME SOON.
DigitalRain
join:2013-03-16

DigitalRain

said by ANTON22112 :

LOOKS LIKE YOUR ONE OF MANY PEOPLE WHO LOST ONE OF THIER UPSTREAM CHANNELS, THIS IS USUALLY BECAUSE ROGERS IS DOING WORK IN YOUR AREA, SO DONT EXPECT TO FINISH THIS ANY TIME SOON.

No. This is a different issue. The Rogers network is gradually shifting over to 3 channel bonding with 64 QAM modulation. I'm on TPIA using the Rogers network and have been like this since August. I always get my full 45/4. The same is true of other people I know. Post some logs so we can see if there's any other funny business when this happens.

rileywed
@rogers.com

rileywed

Anon

»www.speedtest.net/my-res ··· 53331091

This was a speedtest done while it was happening

Latency was fine, so were the routes from what I could tell

This is my speedtest currently:

»www.speedtest.net/my-res ··· 53612412

»i.imgur.com/UJL4qT9.png

At this point, I toss it up to them preforming upgrades/tests in our area, but would this go on for so long? and wouldn't a tech see notes about that?
rilowed
join:2013-10-24

rilowed to DigitalRain

to DigitalRain
created an account, duplicate of post above
rilowed

rilowed to rileywed

to rileywed
»imgur.com/1Udd94y

Here's a list of previous speedtests
rilowed

rilowed to rileywed