Iowa native
Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast

[DIRECTV] Broadband CCK question

I currently have a wireless CCK but I want to go to a wired CCK »www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?mc···nts&sku= as I now have available Ethernet ports now that I bought an Ethernet switch from Amazon.

My question is if I buy the Ethernet CCK, does it have to be registered with DirecTV or do I just hook it up and set the wireless CCK aside.

I'm just trying to minimize the number of Wi-Fi devices on my network.
--
I've experienced ImOn (when they were McLeod USA), Mediacom, Comcast, and Time Warner and I currently have DirecTV. They are much better than broadcast TV.

I have not and will not cut the cord.

westdc

join:2009-01-25
Amissville, VA
kudos:1

Yes, You would connect it to your Swm Switch (rg6) Ecord to switch and your good to go - no need to check with D*

Side Note - If you have a Genie (hr34 or Hr44) you can connect a Ecord to it-then to your switch and you don't need a CCK anything.

IowaCowboy
Iowa native
Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast

said by westdc:

Yes, You would connect it to your Swm Switch (rg6) Ecord to switch and your good to go - no need to check with D*

So in other words, I don't have to register the CCK with DirecTV.

I know when the installer was here, he scanned the wireless CCK box with his handheld but I think it was for inventory control.
--
I've experienced ImOn (when they were McLeod USA), Mediacom, Comcast, and Time Warner and I currently have DirecTV. They are much better than broadcast TV.

I have not and will not cut the cord.

westdc

join:2009-01-25
Amissville, VA

NO you don't -he only did that for his inventory control

Steve Mehs
Gun Control Is Using A Steady Hand
Premium
join:2005-07-16
reply to IowaCowboy

No, the DECA is not linked to your DirecTV account.

It's coax from the switch to the DECA, then CAT5/6 out to a switch/router.