Made of Hamburger
Premium Member
join:2010-01-13
Dupont, WA

1 edit

Voxxjin

Premium Member

FOG

Do you all always get so much fog? Seems like every morning and evening there has been fog at my house and on the way to and from work. (well mostly TO work). Heck yesterday, it was foggy when I left home for work. While at work it turned into a nice sunny day. However on the way home as I approached the Nisqually bridge, I see this big fog bank just sitting there. The fog never disappeared from my neighborhood the whole day. And a little later around 730pm it was so think I could barely see 10-15 feet in front of my car. But as soon as I got out of my neighborhood. It pretty much cleared. The other odd thing was when I stepped outside at 730, the fog was thick but if I looked up I could see the stars. It was just odd.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

darcilicious

Premium Member

Yes very localized fog is not unusual in the fall and winter during "clear" days due to the dew point we get during these times of the year.

»www.komonews.com/weather ··· 457.html

tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

tshirt to Voxxjin

Premium Member

to Voxxjin
This is a little more than usual (or the timing is weird) and if you've been seeing ANY sun you are lucky, it's been foggy here for 10 days straight until yesterday afternoon for a few hours.
Too foggy to even finish paving on a highway project over the hill from my house, which may push it into spring. »www.wsdot.wa.gov/Project ··· ault.htm

Halloween is usually the change over to frost at night, which fixes MOST of the fog problems , but opens a whole new set of driving challenges.

aurgathor
join:2002-12-01
Lynnwood, WA

aurgathor

I actually got nice, sunny afternoons for the last 2 days.

As to answer the OP, it may be a bit more foggier than usual, but I think it's within normal variation. Also, locality can make a huge difference -- usually there is more fog near wetlands and in certain other areas.

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium Member
join:2010-01-13
Dupont, WA

Voxxjin

Premium Member

The way the fog stayed around the house all day even though it cleared up nearby kept reminding me of the movie The Mist (more so than the movie The Fog)

tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

tshirt to aurgathor

Premium Member

to aurgathor
said by aurgathor:

usually there is more fog near wetlands and in certain other areas.

we're closer to the mountains (but around the same elevation) and get the colder downslope air. Lynnwood (12 miles west) gets a lot more temp. control from Puget Sound.

NanDog
The Pup Was Female, I'M Not
Premium Member
join:2003-12-28
Bremerton, WA

NanDog to Voxxjin

Premium Member

to Voxxjin
We are in a bit of an atypical weather pattern. Check out UW meteorologist Cliff Mass' blog here, especially the "Fogmageddon" article: »cliffmass.blogspot.com/