ttiiggy
Premium
join:2001-03-27
Bozeman, MT
reply to bbear2

Re: Yahoo email forced upgrade (again)

Click for full size
Uh Oh...
It doesn't matter how long it is before they get this 'temporary error' fixed.
What matters is that they are messing with something again...

anonome

@verizon.net

I just finished (yesterday) setting up Thunderbird with the now-available (for free accounts) POP access (though I've also been using IMAP for awhile now--POP is good for simply getting new mail notifications)--haven't been seeing any errors (though, per her latest email, my sister is seeing some in the browser--latest IE on Win8 [which is why, no doubt, she used her Gmail account to send it]).

Ya-hooooo-oo-oo! (yodel like you mean it!)

(On the "Plus" side, Yahoo! Mail Plus (now called "Ad-Free") doesn't seem to have changed in a while now--except for the name.)

mareastrum

join:2006-09-10
Saint Louis, MO
reply to ttiiggy

Not only is yahoo mail having issues (and I'm glad this isn't me; several others I work with have the same problem today) using the mobile app is a pain in the ass. iPhone app crashes, and a few Android users in my office have the same problem too.

I hate hate hate the new changes.

Davesnothere
No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
kudos:7
reply to anonome

said by anonome :

....(On the "Plus" side, Yahoo! Mail Plus (now called "Ad-Free") doesn't seem to have changed in a while now--except for the name.)

And the PRICE !

It's now FIFTY BUCKS per year for new accounts/upgrades.

anonome

@verizon.net

Well, yeah... of course, I was referring to the UI.

Frankly, $20/yr doesn't make sense anymore, let alone $50. Ad blockers are free--as is IMAP as well as, now, POP. I upgraded to Plus back when they introduced it (2002?) primarily in order to maintain my POP access. That wouldn't be a consideration now. (I haven't really thought yet about whether I want to drop my Plus "status" on the account; maybe next year I will. Since I'm grandfathered in at $20, it doesn't really matter much to me--even though I use Gmail almost 100% of the time now.)

Yahoo! has been getting rid of everything that once made them worth paying for. For me they've become an afterthought.