spc
Search similar:

uniqs

shadowcaster1
join:2008-04-21
Dix Hills,NY

shadowcaster1

[Billing] Can't upgrade service online with Vz

This so frustrating. For the past 2 years I can't do any kind of service upgrade/ordering online.

I always get the following message : "We're sorry.
We are experiencing a temporary problem and can't continue your order at this time.

Please try again later."

Most recently when trying to order the 75/35 Quantum upgrade. Online chat goes through the usual bs of clearing the browser cache. Tried posting in the Vz forum 2 days ago and no response there. Calling them on the phone is an absolute joke.

Any suggestions/solution would be much appreciated.

rebus9
join:2002-03-26
Tampa Bay

rebus9

[Billing] Re: Can't upgrade service online with Vz

Honestly, give up. I've experienced the same thing on many accounts over the past year, and the only way out is to call them.

If your account is old enough to have this problem, expect that you won't be able to upgrade using one of their 50/25 for $10, or 75/35 for $20.

I tried and failed. »[Pricing] Upgrade to 50/25 for $10 -- Isn't
mark_e
join:2009-03-09
Columbia, MD

mark_e to shadowcaster1

to shadowcaster1
said by shadowcaster1:

This so frustrating. For the past 2 years I can't do any kind of service upgrade/ordering online.

I always get the following message : "We're sorry.
We are experiencing a temporary problem and can't continue your order at this time.

Please try again later."

Most recently when trying to order the 75/35 Quantum upgrade. Online chat goes through the usual bs of clearing the browser cache. Tried posting in the Vz forum 2 days ago and no response there. Calling them on the phone is an absolute joke.

Any suggestions/solution would be much appreciated.

I had a similar problem a few years back. I finally got someone on the phone who figured out it was an old order that the system hadn't "cleared" out even though it had completed. They manually closed it, and no problems since. It might be something to mention on a call or a chat. The Direct Forum has been great, but sometimes they get backlogged. You might also try their VZ_Support Twitter feed.

Good luck!
bsangs
join:2002-08-21
Montclair, NJ

bsangs to shadowcaster1

to shadowcaster1
I just went through this for the past couple weeks and it was finally fixed after some persistent nagging from me. Two suggestions - go to the Verizon Direct forum here at DSLReports and start a thread, also go to the Verizon.com forums and send a PM to Heather of Verizon. Once it got escalated and into the correct peoples' hands, it was cleared up. Good luck.

Oh and - ironically, given your forum name here - the problem was caused by an old order stuck in what they called "The Shadow Queue."

shadowcaster1
Dix Hills,NY

2 edits

shadowcaster1

Thanks all for the replies ! I'll pursue it further first with Heather in the Vz forum, as she seems to have cleared previous cases of this very common problem.

@rebus....ironically, I was able to upgrade to 50/25 via TV ch 500 with no problem. Took about 30 sec. The 75/35 is not an option there. ( I know you don't have tv, from your link)

Edit: well, turns out Heather doesn't have PM enabled, as she is stepping down as Admin. Sent a PM to another mod, who I probably won't hear from until Mon.
If nothing works there, I'll try the Direct forum here. As a LAST resort, I'll call them, which is NEVER a good experience.
bsangs
join:2002-08-21
Montclair, NJ

bsangs

said by shadowcaster1:

Edit: well, turns out Heather doesn't have PM enabled, as she is stepping down as Admin. Sent a PM to another mod, who I probably won't hear from until Mon.
If nothing works there, I'll try the Direct forum here. As a LAST resort, I'll call them, which is NEVER a good experience.

That's surprising. I was literally PMing with her this past week until my issue was fixed. Too bad, she got things done.

shadowcaster1
Dix Hills,NY

shadowcaster1

said by bsangs:

I was literally PMing with her this past week until my issue was fixed.

Update : Too bad Heather left. It's been 5 days since I contacted a mod there and was told I would hear from an agent within 48hrs.

Looks like support in the Vzn forum is no better than it is on the phone.
billhere
join:2011-10-21
Santa Monica, CA

billhere to shadowcaster1

to shadowcaster1
said by shadowcaster1:

When was the last time you called Verizon? Responses were not good a couple years ago -- long waits and transfers to other departments -- but in the past year or so I've had success quickly and easily with one phone call and either no wait or a very short wait for the initial response.

shadowcaster1
Dix Hills,NY

shadowcaster1

couple days before my op, I called re the 75/35 quantum upgrade (from 50/25) and the csr claimed it wasn't available in my area. (I know people in my same CO that have it, so that was total bs)

2 weeks ago when I called re possible better pricing. CSR promised she would email me with all the details instead of spending time on the phone. Never did.....thanks again Collette, for that..

Call before that was about 3 months ago when I called to activate multi room dvr service. Instead csr ordered 2 new dvr's and a truck roll appointment, which couldn't be cancelled once the order was placed. Took 30 days to straighten out.

Those are just the most recent. I'll never call them again unless it's an absolute last resort. But like I stated, the Vzn forum can't even get an agent to respond.
shadowcaster1

shadowcaster1

said by shadowcaster1:

It's been 5 days since I contacted a mod there and was told I would hear from an agent within 48hrs

And, sadly, it's now been another 5 days with no contact from a Vzn agent. These people make my head hurt.
McBane
join:2008-08-22
Wylie, TX

McBane to shadowcaster1

to shadowcaster1
Lol, since I've first bought FiOS in 2007 online ordering has NEVER worked for me. I'm on business though, but they always said they would fix it and NEVER have.
Expand your moderator at work

shadowcaster1
Dix Hills,NY

shadowcaster1 to McBane

to McBane

Re: [Billing] Re: Can't upgrade service online with Vz

Ok, since my last post, I posted in the Vzn Direct forum and got a response almost immediately. Problem was given to a Vzn agent who has been working on it since Mon, and today it was resolved.

So, a big Thank You to the Vzn agents who are on this forum, and, of course, to members here as well.

Turned out to be 2 things. First there were 2 completed orders in the system that hadn't been cleared out and, secondly, an incorrect service address that's been there for 25 yrs (and no one else could correct) and driving me nuts all that time because Vzn couldn't ship equipment to me and trucks were calling me from 5 miles away, when there was any kind of roll out.

So, 2 problems fixed at once. Thanks to all of you for your responses!