dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium Member
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ

dvd536

Premium Member

6 tuner contour

so i was reading in the fios forum about a 12 tuner box where HALF the tuners were 'reserved' for other stuff like viewing and other client boxes.

so does this box really only have 3 tuners for recording?

AnonPhx
@cox.net

AnonPhx

Anon

no the box can record 6 shows at once.

CoxTech1
join:2002-04-25
Chesapeake, VA

CoxTech1 to dvd536

to dvd536
The new boxes have 6 tuners that can be used as you desire.

DerbyGawker
@cox.net

DerbyGawker

Anon

When is Cox going to join the rest of the civilized cable world and just offer network DVR?
ajwees41
Premium Member
join:2002-05-10
Omaha, NE

ajwees41

Premium Member

who offers network dvr last I heard it was still in legal troubles.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium Member
Phoenix, AZ

dvd536

Premium Member

Cablevision.
ajwees41
Premium Member
Omaha, NE

ajwees41

Premium Member

did they finally launch?
ajwees41

ajwees41 to DerbyGawker

Premium Member

to DerbyGawker
why when only Cablevision is working on or has launched it? I wouldn't call that the whole cable world.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium Member
Phoenix, AZ

dvd536 to ajwees41

Premium Member

to ajwees41
last i heard they had cleared legal issues. no idea if they have a working network dvr yet.
Rob_
Premium Member
join:2008-07-16
Mary Esther, FL

Rob_

Premium Member

Cox has (always) been 2-3 years behind the times, WE are still waiting for 100 meg service, but, if you guys are not happy, move to Suddenlink territory, they have TIVO's which is kinda cool

-Rob
Hoss
Sauters A Walrus
join:2000-10-05
Tulsa, OK

Hoss to dvd536

to dvd536
I've had the six-tuner DVR now for about a month. Not one issue sofar (I keep hearing about the one minute recordings, but that hasn't happened for me).

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium Member
Phoenix, AZ

dvd536

Premium Member

my 8642HDC sometimes does that.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170

skeechan to Rob_

Premium Member

to Rob_
No kidding, they been talking TiVo software availability for years now but it never materializes.

CoxJimR
Premium Member
join:2002-01-17
Atlanta, GA

CoxJimR to dvd536

Premium Member

to dvd536
From an article last week:

»www.fiercecable.com/stor ··· 13-10-23

Cox Communications is looking at using cloud-based servers to offer cable subscribers with DVR set-tops in their homes extra storage capacity, CTO Kevin Hart told FierceCable Wednesday here at the SCTE Cable-Tec Expo.

While Cox recently began deploying home video gateways from Cisco (Nasdaq: CSCO) that contain 2 TB of storage space, Hart said Cox has run tests on cloud DVR solutions. He said Cox may be able to use cloud-based storage to offer subscribers with physical DVRs increased storage capacity and that the company also is looking at using a DVR solution similar to Cablevision's (NYSE: CVC) which would be based entirely on cloud-based servers.

"To have additional optionality and capacity--perhaps a hybrid solution with cloud DVR and set-tops--could be a good solution over time," Hart said.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium Member
Phoenix, AZ

dvd536

Premium Member

Any idea when cox is going to allow self installs of the 6 tuner box?
Sorry but this boy doesn't play the 'because we can game where they want to charge you to screw in a coax, plug in a hdmi and plug in the box'

BillRoland
Premium Member
join:2001-01-21
Ocala, FL

BillRoland

Premium Member

I'm with dvd536 See Profile on the self install thing; no offense but the last two installers I had out were contractors who didn't know any more about what they were doing than I did. Why do I have to pay somebody to do something I can do? If I get home and it doesn't work, then I'll gladly pay for a truck roll, what is the point?

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium Member
Phoenix, AZ

dvd536

Premium Member

if you currently have a functioning cable box, its going to work if they scanned it prior to giving it to you. until they allow self installs, BT will be my additional tuners. guess cox doesn't want my money.
ajwees41
Premium Member
Omaha, NE

ajwees41 to dvd536

Premium Member

to dvd536
I don"t they ever will. That is why we have tivo now.