spc
Search similar:

uniqs
chgo_man99
join:2010-01-01
Sunnyvale, CA

chgo_man99

Moved uverse tv to another state - cisco dvr stopped working

I moved from Chicagoland to Bay Area (San Jose from western suburbs of Chicago), and tried to transfer my all services with dvr intact. When the technician came and installed line, we tried first with my old HGV 3800 and my ISB 7500. He was sceptical about this step but we tried since he said only VIP2250 motorola boxes are supported in my town and not Cisco boxes. We connected but it was taking forever to "program", in the meanwhile I was trying to get on net on my laptop and register. He was sorta in rush and I asked him if I shouldn't complete registration on the att website first but he told me it does not matter because it only matters for activation of internet connection only. So he swapped my RG with 3801. He also swapped Cisco with Motorola and everything started working. He swapped after I finished internet registration though, was he correct, tv registers itself? He told me Cisco boxes are uncompactible with my area so if its true I am probably out of luck and will have to stick with motorola dvr and send other one back. I tried extra step, after he left, I swapped with Cisco and tried hard reset. It started reloading until I got red x with one dot on screen. Am I out of luck? I prefer Cisco but do I have to stick with Motorola?

my thoughts

Anon

First equipment only works in same VHO market, move from market need to send equipment back or be charged for equipment that will not work.
So if moved from Chicago to Madison WI same Cisco equipment in both markets, still would need new RG and DVR.

Only equipment normally in market works, techs sent from Milwaukee (Motorola) loaned to Madison (Cisco) leaves behind equipment assigned to truck, and must go to garage in Madison to pickup new equipment before doing repairs or installs.

Can only have one DVR on account, if you attempted to load original after a DVR was registered, will not work...best if in same market s second DVR loads as plain STB, different market...no go.

From ATT uverse terms of service agreement
Return of Equipment. Upon termination of the Services, for whatever reason, you must return the Equipment, undamaged, within 21 calendar days to AT&T. If the Equipment is not returned within 21 calendar days, or is returned damaged, you will be charged for the value of the Equipment. We may retain any advance payment or deposit, or portion thereof that previously had not been refunded, if you fail to return the Equipment within this time period. If the Equipment is returned within 90 days of termination, any fees charged for the Equipment will be refunded (other than fees for damages). No refunds will be made for any Equipment returned more than 90 days after termination.
chgo_man99
Sunnyvale, CA

chgo_man99

So are you saying if I moved from say, Evanston to Chicago it would work but not if I moved from Chicago to New York

my thoughts

Anon

Definitely would not work in New York...no ATT Uverse there. ATT is only in 22 states

In Wisconsin there are three markets, Green Bay, Madison, Milwaukee
As from Chicago maybe heard of some for SE WI...
Kenosha, Racine, Milwaukee, Waukesha, Mequon, Hartford, six cities in six counties, same market.

I no not know if Evanston is same as Chicago, perhaps someone else can say yea or nay.
chgo_man99
Sunnyvale, CA

chgo_man99

said by my thoughts :

Definitely would not work in New York...no ATT Uverse there. ATT is only in 22 states

There is one in Connecticut, and lot of people from Southern part of Connecticut commute to New York City for work,

Evanston is Chicago's suburb immediately north of it

Rangersfan
@sbcglobal.net

Rangersfan

Anon

See the note on the website below:

"Ability to keep DVR recordings requires new service within the same designated market area (DMA)."

»www.att.com/u-verse/move ··· ndex.jsp

ILpt4U
Premium Member
join:2006-11-12
Saint Louis, MO
ARRIS TM822
Asus RT-N66

2 edits

ILpt4U to my thoughts

Premium Member

to my thoughts
I worked down in Springfield with a truck full of Chicagoland boxes - they installed just fine. Both are Cisco markets. But when I've been to Moto markets I had to clean off all the Ciscos and pick up Motos upon arrival

But once the boxes activate, they are market specific.

Yes Evanston would be the same market as Chicago

The market rule can be a bit annoying especially when markets touch. Example Waukegan IL (Chicago market) and Kenosha WI (Milwaukee market). The towns are pretty close to each other near the border, closer to each other than Chi town or Milwaukee, but still different markets.