uniqs
share rss forum feed

djbrettb0

join:2008-07-09
West Des Moines, IA
Reviews:
·Mediacom

Al Jazeera America

Any plans to add this channel? I was able to receive Al Jazeera English via both free-to-air satellite and Internet streaming, but unfortunately they ended both of those services upon launch of the new Al Jazeera America network. I'm really missing their reporting. It would be wonderful if Mediacom could go ahead and add this channel to the lineup. It would singlehandedly make the Sports & Info package worth it.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:118
I don't have any reports on it being added yet. I will go ahead and put in a channel request for you though.

geek2point0

@embarqhsd.net
Please add a request for watchespn.com too. If you go to mediacomtoday.com and click on ESPN 3 it takes you to watchespn.com now since there is no such thing as ESPN 3 anymore. It still has the provided by mediacom logo on the upper right but when you click to watch now it says that mediacom is not an affiliated provider and you have to pick from a list of about 7 other providers.

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL
I will go ahead and get you added to the list for the watchESPN app.

geek2point0

@embarqhsd.net
Do you mean you are adding a request??? Or is there some sort of list that you have to be on to view watchespn???

IowaMan
Premium
join:2008-08-21
Grinnell, IA
reply to djbrettb0
I guess as long as its NOT in the "Family TV" lineup i'm OK with it. However Watch ESPN IS something i'd like to see happen

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL
reply to geek2point0
I've placed a request on your behalf to our marketing department requesting this service added.

SA91387

join:2013-10-27
Waterloo, IA
reply to djbrettb0
Im actually fine if its on the "Family TV" lineup since Fox News, CNN, USA Network, and Mun2 are included in that lineup

geek2point0

@embarqhsd.net
reply to MediacomChad
Can you make sure to take down the link to espn3 on mediacomtoday.com then??? It is kind of false advertising to say "Mediacom Networks" and then link to a service you don't even offer.

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL
We do offer ESPN3, just not the WatchESPN app. ESPN3 should work through the ESPN website as long as you are on a Mediacom connection and you are selecting from the ESPN3 channel.

Geek2point0

@embarqhsd.net
It does not work!! Also, you Shouldn't have to be on the mediacom connection. There is a thing called remote access. I was

Geek2point0

@embarqhsd.net
reply to MediacomChad
It does not work!! Also, you Shouldn't have to be on the mediacom connection. There is a thing called remote access. I was On a mediacom connection when trying to connect. The link provided on mediacom today does not work even

Geek2point0

@embarqhsd.net
reply to MediacomChad
It does not work!! Also, you Shouldn't have to be on the mediacom connection. There is a thing called remote access. I was On a mediacom connection when trying to connect. The link provided on mediacom today does not work even On a mediacom connection since it links to watchespn.com!!! Provide a detailed instruction sheet if you really think it will still work.

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL
I will be happy to have a rep contact you to go over this with you if you would like.

geek2point0

@embarqhsd.net
I will call the support line when I have time later. Do you really have to be on the mediacom connection, if so WHY??? IS THERE A WAY TO SET UP REMOTE ACCESS??? Do you have to be using mediacom's DNS servers??? WHY DOES THE LINK, LINK TO WATCHESPN????

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL
The ESPN3 site changed to WatchESPN. Mediacom Customers will have access to any content that is being shown on ESPN3. If you go to the page, click on where it says "Network" and got to ESPN3. That is the content Mediacom customers will have access to.

geek2point0

@embarqhsd.net
Finally found it. Sure hope you get watchespn soon though because the content on espn 3 sucks.

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL
Good to hear!

alarson83

join:2007-01-06
West Des Moines, IA
reply to SA91387
Al Jazeera is MUCH more niche than any of those.

CappinHoff

join:2007-01-05
Des Moines, IA
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to geek2point0
watchespn.com too is the same as ESPN3. Look at both of them and they are the exact same.

Espn3 is also known as espn.go.com. Which is the same for watchespn.com.

As for connecting from a different ISP, that's why it's a mediacom exclusive. If it wasn't it would be allowed connection from anyone.

geek2point0

@embarqhsd.net
I did not say I wanted to connect straight thru from a second ISP... I said using remote access thru mediacom. This requires connecting to it on mediacom and then enabling remote access.

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL
If you have any other issues, feel free to let me know here.

alarson83

join:2007-01-06
West Des Moines, IA
reply to CappinHoff
said by CappinHoff:

watchespn.com too is the same as ESPN3. Look at both of them and they are the exact same.

Espn3 is also known as espn.go.com. Which is the same for watchespn.com.

As for connecting from a different ISP, that's why it's a mediacom exclusive. If it wasn't it would be allowed connection from anyone.

They are very similar but not the same thing, and it can be confusing to describe the difference, especially since ESPN made some changes with this a year or so ago.

WatchESPN is basically the platform to watch any espn content online.

However, unless your provider is full watchespn provider, you can only access a subset of what's on there, the content that's ESPN3 only. Everything else, such as stuff that also runs on ESPN1\2\U, your ISP needs to be a full watchespn member.

It used to be that almost everything from ESPN1\2 was also available on ESPN3, but theyve moved away from that, probably because it was a great way to cord-cut.

djbrettb0

West Des Moines, IA
Why did you hijack my thread and make it about a sports channel? I and many others want Al Jazeera America. Please make your own thread for ESPN.

djbrettb0

West Des Moines, IA
reply to IowaMan
Why would you be against having it in the Family TV lineup?

drslash
Goya Asma
Premium
join:2002-02-18
Marion, IA
reply to djbrettb0
Chad, please put in a request that I do not want the Al Jazeera English channel added to the family TV lineup.

A Nonymous

@mchsi.com
reply to djbrettb0
said by djbrettb0:

Why would you be against having it in the Family TV lineup?

I can't speak for IowaMan, but I wouldn't want it there either. The Family TV tier is already overpriced and adding additional channels (of any kind, not just news) would only make that worse. Al Jazeera America doesn't give its signal away for free like the junk channels in the Local Plus tier do.
In my area, Family TV includes CNBC, CNN, Fox News, HLN, and MSNBC (and The Weather Channel, if you consider that a news channel). That's plenty. Any additional news channels should be in the Sports & Information tier, where the people who are willing to pay extra for more news channels have the opportunity to do so, but nearly everyone else isn't forced to do so.
I would have no objection to Al Jazeera America being added to the Sports & Information tier, but the Family tier doesn't need another news channel driving up its already bloated price.

Full disclosure: I no longer subscribe to the Family tier. I downgraded my TV service from Family to just Local Plus (Broadcast Basic as it was called then) several years ago, mainly because I was fed up with paying so much money for so many channels I never watched.