Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

gate1975mlm
Premium
join:2001-09-30
Philadelphia, PA
kudos:8

Sony clarifies PS4 game-sharing rules ahead of launch!

Click for full size
After twisting the knife at E3 regarding Microsoft's then-complicated game-sharing program, Sony has explained how digital strategy will work on PlayStation 4. Although sharing physical games remains as simple as Sony's tongue-in-cheek video suggested, games bought over PSN will be more locked down. The first PS4 you register will be your "primary console," and that's where digital purchases will automatically sync to. Anyone logged in on your primary system will then be able to play that game.

If you download the game on a secondary console, only you will be able to play that game. There's no limit to the number of consoles you can download a game on, but only two games can be played concurrently — one on your primary system, one on a secondary console, which you must be logged into. Sony has also revealed you'll be able to change which PS4 is your primary system if you need to. It's a slightly complex system, but it's not too different to how digital purchases work on PlayStation 3, and offers a little flexibility for gamers that usually download rather than buy physical discs.

There are a few other details over at the PlayStation 4 FAQ on Sony's site, so if you're picking up a PS4 at launch you can head over to read up on user accounts, friends lists, and all the rest.

»www.theverge.com/2013/10/26/5030···f-launch

gate1975mlm
Premium
Philadelphia, PA

2 edits

So unlike with the PS3 a user can now be logged into 2 PS4's at the same time with the same account. On PS3 when you tried to log into the same account on 2 PS3's at the same tome one of them would be logged out.

I always hated that so this is a welcome change to me

christiango8

@190.66.180.x

This is bad, because now i cant win trofies on my account... instead i have to play with the account of other person... this is not good

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness
reply to gate1975mlm

said by gate1975mlm:

So unlike with the PS3 a user can now be logged into 2 PS4's at the same time with the same account. On PS3 when you tried to log into the same account on 2 PS3's at the same tome one of them would be logged out.

No that's not what it says. Your main console ANYONE can play a downloaded game. On a second console you must be logged in to play that game.

cat666

join:2013-04-26
reply to gate1975mlm

said by gate1975mlm:

I always hated that so this is a welcome change to me

No you can only be logged in once. Just someone else on your main console can be logged in and using your games.

gate1975mlm
Premium
Philadelphia, PA

1 edit

Are you 100% sure about that?

Frossty
Premium
join:2003-07-06
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·VMedia

Yep there right this is basically exactly like how the xbox 360 works just a little bit modified. Basically no more game sharing by having that other persons account download the game for u on your PS3.

It sucks but I guess it makes sense and has to be done since publishers were losing $$$ on that feature Sony had. C'mon MS and bring back family share so Sony can copy at least 1 thing you do right haha.

gate1975mlm
Premium
Philadelphia, PA
reply to gate1975mlm

According to this we can indeed be logged into 2 PS4's at the same time using the same account! And other users can only use your games on your primary PS4.

If you activate one PS4 as your “primary system” (one allowed per account), you receive access to the following features:

Being able to play on 2 PS4s at the same time (your ‘primary’ one, and one other PS4)
Anyone who uses your PS4 can play your games and apps purchased from the PlayStation Store
Anyone who uses your PS4 can take advantage of the benefits of PlayStation Plus (as long as you’re subscribed)
You can buy or pre-order content on the PlayStation App and have the content downloaded automatically to your PS4
You can connect to the PS4 from a PS Vita via the internet using Remote Play

Sony also says of the primary PS4 system:

You can deactivate a PS4 system only with that system. If you want to activate a different system that is not at your home as your primary PS4 system, you must deactivate the current primary system first. Also deactivate your PS4 system if you plan to transfer or dispose of it.

»www.playstationlifestyle.net/201···etailed/

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviews:
·ooma
·Comcast
·Callcentric
·Site5.com
reply to gate1975mlm

Really no change here. I have two PS3 consoles now and buy games over the PSN. I don't see any problem with the way the system works now and I don't see an issue with this new system as well.
--
My domain - Nightfall.net

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium
join:2002-03-30
Reading, PA
kudos:1
reply to christiango8

said by christiango8 :

This is bad, because now i cant win trofies on my account... instead i have to play with the account of other person... this is not good

Those are pointless anyway.
--
Photoshop these nuts in your mouth.