spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Tater

@wideopenwest.com

Wow and Al Jazeera

Why does WOW have Al Jazeera as a channel? This so called News organization has ties to terrorism and is funded by the same. If WOW does not drop this channel we will cancel our subscription because we are paying indirectly for something we do not want our money to go to in the end.

fadsf

@rr.com
#1 Al Jezeera America is a subsidiary and is based in the US. It isn't just plain Al Jazeera.
#2 Just going to be a cord cutter over this issue? Most carriers have it already and more will add it. ATT, dish, direct, TW, comcast, all carry it as well.

baess

join:2011-01-28

1 edit
reply to Tater
Is this systemwide for WOW? Don't see it in our guide.

Looking through WOWs channel listings I didn't see it in any market. What channel are people seeing this on?

atcotr

@rr.com
reply to Tater
Do you have proof for your claim that Al Jazeera is providing material support to terrorists?

Body Count

join:2010-09-11
Columbus, OH
reply to Tater
said by Tater :

Why does WOW have Al Jazeera as a channel? This so called News organization has ties to terrorism and is funded by the same. If WOW does not drop this channel we will cancel our subscription because we are paying indirectly for something we do not want our money to go to in the end.

Do you believe all Muslims in the world are terrorists?

lol
Expand your moderator at work

adam1991

join:2012-06-16
Columbus, OH
reply to Tater

Re: Wow and Al Jazeera

said by Tater :

If WOW does not drop this channel we will cancel our subscription because we are paying indirectly for something we do not want our money to go to in the end.

I'm sure that even if they drop this channel, you'll be paying for things you don't want your money to go to.

Just cut the cord completely, and move on.

Section147

join:2010-12-06
Westlake, OH
reply to Tater

Sure didn't take long for the PC Police to arrive and set the rest of us "unenlightened" rubes straight. Give it a rest...

Treehuggingf

@wideopenwest.com
reply to Tater

You have to pay extra for those channels. So if you don't order them how are you paying for it? So silly some people are.

goalieskates
Premium
join:2004-09-12
land of big
reply to Body Count
said by Body Count:

Do you believe all Muslims in the world are terrorists?

Beside the point, isn't it? I'd rather have WGN back so I can watch the Cubbies than throw more money at the algore.

baess

reply to Tater
No one can post what channel they find this network on?? It's not listed on WOWs site for any of their markets.

»www.wowway.com/help-support/cabl···-lineups

baess

reply to goalieskates
Al Gore sold the "little watched" Current TV for $100 million and it is now Al Jazeera. Pretty sure he already got paid.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:12
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC
reply to Tater
said by Tater :

Interesting. But the CIA has ties to international terrorism, and has even funded terrorism from your income tax dollars.

OTOH, I have visited the Al Jazeera English news web site; it is hardly a hotbed of Islamic propaganda. In fact, it is about on a par with the BBC, or the NHK; both highly respected news sources.
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum

Boricua
Premium
join:2002-01-26
Sacramuerto
reply to fadsf
said by fadsf :

#1 Al Jezeera America is a subsidiary and is based in the US. It isn't just plain Al Jazeera.
#2 Just going to be a cord cutter over this issue? Most carriers have it already and more will add it. ATT, dish, direct, TW, comcast, all carry it as well.

Nope, AJA is NOT on U-Verse.
--
Illegal aliens have always been a problem in the United States. Ask any Indian. Robert Orben

bsipe9

join:2007-03-24
Berea, OH
said by Boricua:

said by fadsf :

Nope, AJA is NOT on U-Verse.

To be fair, it was supposed to be. ATT cut it at the last minute.
Link to article here

That said, I still cannot find any reference to WOW carrying this...

baess

said by bsipe9:

That said, I still cannot find any reference to WOW carrying this...

Yep, like I posted it is not listed anywhere for WOW, nor has there been any mention of it coming.

On the Al Jazeera America site if I type in my zip code to locate the channel it shows it available on Comcast, DirecTV and DISH. It has a link for me to request it from WOW.

I think the OP was just a rabble rouser whose post was not based on fact.

joebob2000

join:2013-09-27
usa
In some areas (I live in Columbus) there are non-english OTA channels with news programming that some might confuse with Al Jazeera. The OP probably saw one of these and jumped to conclusions.

Aoxxt

join:2010-12-13
Dearborn, MI
reply to Tater
said by Tater :

The funny thing is a lot of Muslims believe Al Jazeera is Zionist controlled, pro Israel and Pro American, the amount of hate for AJ in the Muslim world is 100 times more than dumb Americans thinking its a terrorist network.

I guess when you report news in a fair and unbiased way, angers the mouth breathers of the world.

fantom1979

join:2002-05-31
Sterling Heights, MI
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Tater

Considering that Metro Detroit (a WOW service area) has a ton of people with middle eastern heritage, I would be shocked to find out that WOW isn't pursuing this. Sounds like it would be a sound business decision for them. As a flag waiving American, if it is ever proven that AJ supports terrorists, I would be first in line to help shut them down. But as far as I know, the only "proof" that exists is that they are originally from the middle east.