spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

PrestonD

join:2013-08-23

List of Compatible Devices for Brighthouse App

I know there was mention in earlier post about the BHN app for mobile devices but is there a complete listing of known compatible devices that can fully run the BHN app? Website says for example "select android devices".... not real clear... any help is appreciated

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:151
said by PrestonD:

I know there was mention in earlier post about the BHN app for mobile devices but is there a complete listing of known compatible devices that can fully run the BHN app? Website says for example "select android devices".... not real clear... any help is appreciated

With Android this is nearly impossible to tell....your best bet is to try it...it will either work or won't...
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

PrestonD

But I would like to purchase said device... whether it be android or apple. For example will iPad mini work? What about iPod Touch? This iPod touch that I am typing on for example won't work the app but newer iPod Touches do.... but what iOS is that?

Just want either general list of known devices OR guidelines as to what OS level for these devices work. I know that some android device mfg's modify their version of the OS but does ICS work or will I need Jellybean? And again the website says "select android devices" then there must be some idea?

And BTW I really appreciate the customer service that is provided on this forum by BHN, there is always some cranky customers but I get more info here at times than other places!

I would hope there would be a list of known compatible

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
said by PrestonD:

And BTW I really appreciate the customer service that is provided on this forum by BHN, there is always some cranky customers but I get more info here at times than other places!

Thank you... Let me see what I can come up with tomorrow. Pretty much anything with IOS you safe...the touch area is the Android side of the equation.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

waternut1313

join:2013-06-13
Apopka, FL
reply to PrestonD
Do you have a specific android device you have in mind wanting to use?

PrestonD

Was looking at possible variety of android devices such as Samsung Tab 2 or 3, maybe the Mk2 Xbmc tv box, google nexus and maybe ipad mini

waternut1313

join:2013-06-13
Apopka, FL
I can say the ipad mini does work. I can check my Samsung Tab 2 tomorrow and see if it works.

pcdebb
RIP lil hurricane
Premium
join:2000-12-03
Brandon, FL
kudos:5
reply to PrestonD
Generally the more popular devices would work. iPad mini does work, I'm on iOS 7.0.3, and has worked since version 6.x
--
| map your city |

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to PrestonD
said by PrestonD:

Was looking at possible variety of android devices such as Samsung Tab 2 or 3, maybe the Mk2 Xbmc tv box, google nexus and maybe ipad mini

This device I can almost assure you won't work.
--

PrestonD

Well the mk2 xbmc box is an android 4.3 device. Is there at least a minimum version of android to be used?

Also tried it with my google chromecast and couldn't get it to work with either chromebook or pc as source. Any luck or info on chromebook being useable in near future?

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
said by PrestonD:

Well the mk2 xbmc box is an android 4.3 device. Is there at least a minimum version of android to be used?

Also tried it with my google chromecast and couldn't get it to work with either chromebook or pc as source. Any luck or info on chromebook being useable in near future?

It will not work with Chromecast. This has actually been discussed in other threads.
--

PrestonD

3 edits
reply to PrestonD
Ok here is what I garnered from other thread:

Android ICS/Jellybean (wont work on lower OS versions)
--------------------------
ASUS Eeepad Tablet, model #TF201
ASUS Eeepad Tablet, model #TF300
HTC evos 3d
HTC Evo 4G LTE
HTC Droid DNA
Motorola Xoom Tablet
Samsung Galaxy S3
Samsung Galaxy S2
Samsung Galaxy Nexus Mobile Device (phone), #SCHI515msv
Samsung Nexus 10
T-Mobile HTC Sensation 4G
Acer Iconia A500 10.1" tablet

Apple iOS
--------------------------
iPad
iPad 2
iPad 3
iPad 4
iPhone 3GS
iPhone 4
iPhone 4S
iPhone 5
iPhone 5s
iPod Touch 3rd, 4th generation, 4.3.3 and above

Rooted/Unlocked devices will NOT work

Hope this helps someone else.

The earlier listing said the original iPad .... does anybody know if original iPad will run the BHN app?

SparkyinCFL
Premium
join:2008-12-21
Saint Cloud, FL
kudos:1

2 edits
said by PrestonD:

does anybody know if original iPad will run the BHN app?

yes, it does

[edit] Also working on my Samsung Nexus 10 and T-Mobile HTC Sensation 4G

PrestonD

reply to PrestonD
I updated the list above, thanks for confirmation....

If anybody else wants to chime in on their success with the BHN app on the google android platform with their devices please post, I will update the listing from time to time.

Thanks!

telijah
Premium
join:2013-04-22
Brandon, FL
I can confirmed it works on my Acer Iconia A500 10.1" tablet, with whatever the latest OS update is out there...

bbq727

join:2013-05-15
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to PrestonD
I pad 4, iPhone 5, and IPhone 5s all work.

PrestonD

reply to PrestonD
Thanks guys updated the list...

PrestonD

4 edits
I am wondering if anyone has tried the app on the newer Kindle Fire HD? It's android based, the old kindle is based on gingerbread so it won't run, but not sure the new one will run it. You would have to "sideload" the app.

Edit:
I can run the Brighthouse app on my original Kindle 1st generation but not live Tv. The other features are fine.. I had to sideload the app (sideload is where you download the file to your mobile device and and install it like 3rd party application... side loading is not rooting or unlocking the device, it is just an alternate installation method)

But would like to know if the Kindle Fire HD's can run the live Tv... they are running a version of ICS OS

SparkyinCFL
Premium
Saint Cloud, FL
reply to PrestonD
You can add the Google Nexus 7 Tablet (7-Inch, 16GB, Black) by ASUS (2013) to the list ... all functions work.

SparkyinCFL
Premium
Saint Cloud, FL

1 edit
reply to PrestonD
You can add the All-New Kindle Fire 7 HD Tablet ... everything works
(must side load the app ... )

SparkyinCFL
Premium
Saint Cloud, FL
reply to PrestonD
You can add the Nexus 7 (original) ... everything works
(must side load the app)

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to PrestonD
Sparky did you just go shopping or something?

SparkyinCFL
Premium
Saint Cloud, FL
said by BHNtechXpert:

Sparky did you just go shopping or something?

Santa put me to work! LOL

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to PrestonD
Apparently well you just tell Santa anytime he needs me to test something let me know.

SparkyinCFL
Premium
Saint Cloud, FL
said by BHNtechXpert:

Apparently well you just tell Santa anytime he needs me to test something let me know.

Dear Santa, I would really like to keep this Kindle Fire HD 7" ... the video is awesome and has the best sound I have ever heard coming out of a tablet!

SparkyinCFL
Premium
Saint Cloud, FL
reply to PrestonD
You can add the All-New Kindle Fire 8.9 HDX Tablet ... everything works
(must side load the app ... )

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to PrestonD
You Chromecast guys just got HBO Go

telijah
Premium
join:2013-04-22
Brandon, FL
reply to PrestonD
Oooohh, and I didn't notice Pandora is now supported... might be old news, but I never follow up on it.

PrestonD

1 edit
reply to PrestonD
I was able to get Kindle Fire HD the first generation to run the app... had to sideload it of course but it is sweet!

I really do like this app...

neonhomer
KK4BFN
Premium
join:2004-01-27
Edgewater, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House
reply to PrestonD
I have the HTC EVO 4G LTE, and a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1. Both work with the app, but have two annoying issues:

1> When scrolling through the channels, if you are in the list for too long, the app will crash.

2> While watching a channel, the "Now Loading" (or whatever it says when loading a channel) box will come up, even though the channel is loaded and playing. I could see if it was because of a dropout, but it never does drop out, and the box never goes away. You usually have to restart the app, or change channels and then back to your original channel for it to go away.

BTW - There is a version of the BHN app that will work on rooted devices. However, it is a few revisions behind the current one, and is fairly buggy. But... it does work on rooted devices.
--
"F is for Fire that burns down the whole town...
U is for Uranium...... Bombs...
N is for NO SURVIVORS!!!!!" Sheldon Plankton

Keep Calm and Carry On