how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

gogorichie

join:2005-04-14
Palatine, IL

Visiting San Francisco Next Month

So next month I will be visiting San Francisco for two weeks and looking for a good prepaid Mifi service to be mainly used in the moscone center area. Anyone got any recommendations?

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle
kudos:5

1 edit

I used to live out there, maybe since others are being so quiet, I'll take a stab:

Drive along the coastal highway 1. Many shoreline parks along the way, such as the tiny one outside of Pescadero. Go out to La Honda deep in the redwoods there is a BBQ place there that serves Texas style brisket. Visit Coit Tower. Visit the Embarcadero. Somewhere near San Jose is a technology museum with equipment in it that I have worked on (chip industry). Go see the Intel campus, the Apple Campus, all of Silicon Valley. Visit Alameda (a strip of island inside the Bay near Oakland). Near Oakland is Yoshi's Jazz club, a lot of really great and famous jazz musicians play there. Some say that House of Nanking is a tourist joint, but I loved it (who knew that Chinese food could have sweet potatoes), ride BART, San Jose Light Rail, and the cable cars. Visit Point Reyes (bring a warm jacket even if it is a warm day). Go out to Gilroy where they have the garlic festival.

There's no shortage of wonderful things to do in the Bay Area.

OOPS, overlooked that this was about MiFi. Sorry.

--
Join Teams Helix and Discovery. Rest in Peace, Leonard David Smith, my best friend, you are missed badly! Rest in peace, Pop, glad our last years were good. Please pray for Colin, he has ependymoma, a brain cancer, donate to a children's Hospital.

guhuna
Premium
join:2001-03-31
Clayton, CA
reply to gogorichie

A couple of folks I know have the Verizon Mifi service off 6th and Mission St and it works great according to them.

Short Term

@comcast.net
reply to signmeuptoo

said by signmeuptoo:

I used to live out there, maybe since others are being so quiet, I'll take a stab:

Drive along the coastal highway 1. Many shoreline parks along the way, such as the tiny one outside of Pescadero. Go out to La Honda deep in the redwoods there is a BBQ place there that serves Texas style brisket. Visit Coit Tower. Visit the Embarcadero. Somewhere near San Jose is a technology museum with equipment in it that I have worked on (chip industry). Go see the Intel campus, the Apple Campus, all of Silicon Valley. Visit Alameda (a strip of island inside the Bay near Oakland). Near Oakland is Yoshi's Jazz club, a lot of really great and famous jazz musicians play there. Some say that House of Nanking is a tourist joint, but I loved it (who knew that Chinese food could have sweet potatoes), ride BART, San Jose Light Rail, and the cable cars. Visit Point Reyes (bring a warm jacket even if it is a warm day). Go out to Gilroy where they have the garlic festival.

There's no shortage of wonderful things to do in the Bay Area.

Just out of curiosity what does this have to do with the OP's question? Not starting anything just would like to know.

About MIFI service in that area I'd recommend AT&T, I've had the prepaid service for some time and have had no issues. I live on Harrison st as a reference. When I first got service it was iffy at best, but they've done some upgrades over the months and the service is rock solid now. I cannot speak for the other providers in the area but from what I've heard Virgin mobile also has a good prepaid MIFI service. Although they ride on sprints network (which can be hissy at times) so take it for what its worth.