Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20 to grobinette

Premium Member

to grobinette

Re: Confusing and gratuitous

Oh. So, I guess that means that the act of creating a reply (or starting a new topic) is considered by this site to be "Talking to yourself" if editing, even just once, is now labeled "Talking to yourself again". Lovely.

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

It did not do this to me on a new topic screen just now.

But I too edit a lot after posting, and had also noticed the expression when doing THAT.

But there are a few other items which are higher on my list of things to fix/improve with the UI of this site, so I said nothing about this one until now.
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20

Premium Member

Well, it didn't do it to you this time probably because you were posting here in the middle of the mess caused by Liquidweb's Cisco firmware upgrade and just before Justin took the site down while Liquidweb fixed things. All sorts of strange things were happening just before (and later too) Justin took action. Things are still a bit odd. My postlist/all doesn't show a new unread post in this thread. I saw your reply only because I was in this forum looking for a thread on the site outage.

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

I just now found your reply because my Post List DID tell me.

But it still is missing a few threads which I was following from earlier on.

The 'New Topic' button continues to not show that phrase to me in the resulting window.

(BTW, my last post was also the last one which I had made before noticing the site beginning to fail, in that other forums were missing, etc.)

So anyway, has the fit finished hitting the shan around here ?

Hank
Searching for a new Frontier
Premium Member
join:2002-05-21
Burlington, WV

Hank

Premium Member

Just noticed it when I edited a new post. I agree - remove it as service no purpose.
robertc
Premium Member
join:2009-05-11
Pasadena, CA

1 recommendation

robertc

Premium Member

I agree also. Don't have "talking to yourself"