Premium,MVM
join:2002-07-23
South Padre Island, TX
kudos:5

1 edit
reply to Lurch77

Re: [Green Tech] Re: LED Bulbs + Totally Enclosed Fixtures + Cold Winters

From the FWIW department...

I have two similar fixtures on both sides of my garage. In my case I have used 60 watt equivalent CFLs in them for 6 years with no problems. Since April I have been using 60 watt equivalent LEDs in them with no issues. Here in central Oklahoma the issue is heat over the summer months. It gets quite hot and stays that way over night but again no issues. I used/use Walmart branded non-dimmable CFL and LED bulbs.

Please note I do have dawn-2-dusk photocell controllers on all of my front outside carrage type fixtures so the lights are not on 24/7...

join:2013-07-08
MA
said by SoonerAl:

Please note I do have dawn-2-dusk photocell controllers on all of my front outside carrage type fixtures so the lights are not on 24/7...

The lights the OP posted and that I have that look the same both have photocell controllers built into them.

SoonerAl
Premium,MVM
South Padre Island, TX
FWIW...Mine are add on photo cell controllers....again from Walmart...

pende_tim
Premium
join:2004-01-04
Andover, NJ
kudos:1

1 recommendation

reply to SoonerAl
Did you have to get any special type of dusk-dawn controllers as most I have seen say not to use with a CFL, if I understood the labeling.
--
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.

SoonerAl
Premium,MVM
South Padre Island, TX
said by pende_tim:

Did you have to get any special type of dusk-dawn controllers as most I have seen say not to use with a CFL, if I understood the labeling.

The ones I have are made by Amertac model SLC6CNB made to use with CFLs.

Here is a similar model advertised for Incandescent/CFL/LEDs...

»tinyurl.com/CFLcontrol

I bought the ones I have at Walmart...