dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
nickj360
join:2013-10-20

nickj360 to guppy_fish

to guppy_fish

[Networking] Re: MOCA Bridge issues with my Fios service.

Splitter within the house? Cause there are splitters, outside the house in the box as well. Not to mention those I'd assume are inside the wall.

More Fiber
MVM
join:2005-09-26
Cape Coral, FL

More Fiber

MVM

Could be a bad splitter, or a bad piece of coax.
You need to get that squared away before attempting further diagnostics.

guppy_fish
Premium Member
join:2003-12-09
Palm Harbor, FL

guppy_fish to nickj360

Premium Member

to nickj360
Your issue is you have a long run OR a run that is going thru to many splitters which reduce the signal to marginal quality. I would suggest you map out your coax along with what ever your current splitters are. For example the troublesome run might be the longest and by changing the taps or splinters to reduce the losses could solve the problem.
nickj360
join:2013-10-20

nickj360

Turns out i was indeed my splitter. I had purchased a 2 way splitter rated at 5-2500 MHz for use in my bedroom (Where the bridge router is located.) I found and older splitter in a drawer, rated 5 - 1000MHz so swapped that out with the previous splitter and that brought the signals up over 220+. So it would appear the signal loss is remedied. Hopefully that solves my issue. the Router hasnt needed to power cycle again yet. So I'm crossing my fingers that the issue is resolved. I'll be back if not Thanks everyone.