how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

atrzc

@rogers.com
reply to TSI Pierre

Re: what should I do about this?

I can't figure out how to PM you, but the call took place on september 20th at 8:47 am. Duration was 146 minutes and 51 seconds. nearly 2.5 hours.
Not all of this was time on hold, but the vast majority of it was.

Hivolt. You're right, that isn't the answer I wanted to hear, but it is the one I expected. If the law required reimbursements for this sort of thing (like they do for many instances like this in the EU) service standards would be much higher.

I'm not asking for compensation for my time to deal with the situation, im strictly speaking of the cell phone bill as a result of their service not working.
Anyway, for the record, if you have a cellphone with rogers and you have to call tech support, it is a free call. Same with Bell. I understand it's different, but it does set some precedence that they recognize the inconvenience and take responsibility for their part in it..

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
said by atrzc :

I'm not asking for compensation for my time to deal with the situation, im strictly speaking of the cell phone bill as a result of their service not working.
Anyway, for the record, if you have a cellphone with rogers and you have to call tech support, it is a free call. Same with Bell. I understand it's different, but it does set some precedence that they recognize the inconvenience and take responsibility for their part in it..

Yeah, incumbents can provide these services to their own support lines for free, because they own the networks, and they know that it costs them nothing at all.

But they will not refund you anything if you call from a competitor's phone services, you'll be billed just the same if you don't have a plan with included evenings/weekends, etc...

I know it's not fair when you're trying to troubleshoot a downed internet line and you're required to be at the computer to complete the troubleshooting, but there's little choice here... Either pay for the airtime, or get a plan that has enough included minutes or evenings/weekends to do so...
--

kanatamike

join:2013-07-19
Kanata, ON
kudos:1
reply to atrzc
said by atrzc :

If the law required reimbursements for this sort of thing (like they do for many instances like this in the EU) service standards would be much higher.

And you would be paying much more for your internet service in that case.