spc
uniqs
Madwand
join:2002-12-03
Toronto, ON

Madwand to atrzc

to atrzc

Re: what should I do about this?

Sorry, not trying to be a troll here, however I do not think that Teksavvy, or any other provider should cover these costs. There are several alternatives to use to call them if your service is down. Calling after 6pm or on weekends, or from a payphone or a neighbours line.
morisato
join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON

morisato

said by Madwand:

Sorry, not trying to be a troll here, however I do not think that Teksavvy, or any other provider should cover these costs. There are several alternatives to use to call them if your service is down. Calling after 6pm or on weekends, or from a payphone or a neighbours line.

Okay Madwand - I agree noone should reimburse these types of expenses would be a can o worms, However your alternatives would be pointless and useless.

Payphone - Okay sir please Do these 6 steps call back and wait on hold another 2 hours..
Neighbhors Line - Same situation,

After 6pm or on weekends? Your internet is down u do not have a Sla the only way to get it fixed is to call and u expect folks to wait ? Realistically though I would think 1800 Numbers usally are free on Most cell plans. so i am not sure how the OP incurred these costs. Perhaps a better Option would have been if experencing those times to avail himself of the Callback when your turn in line at #1 option the ts system has? if it still has this option.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

The OP most likely has a prepaid phone. 1-800 numbers still count as local minutes, and maybe his prepaid plan doesn't have evening minutes included.

Anyway, we've seen these types of posts before... Frankly it's a person's choice to use a prepaid phone. A company can only provide you with a toll free number. The rest is up to you.
Madwand
join:2002-12-03
Toronto, ON

Madwand to morisato

to morisato
said by morisato:

Okay Madwand - I agree noone should reimburse these types of expenses would be a can o worms, However your alternatives would be pointless and useless.

To each their own. I have called from a neighbours, from work, etc.

I also sent an email to "Fast Customer" the iPhone app that calls and waits for you on the line for major companies, and I have asked them to add the toll free numbers for Teksavvy. (well the ones listed for Ontario). Perhaps in the next few months these phone numbers will be added. It's a good service, but it is mostly USA oriented.