All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

boxfetish
@charter.com

boxfetish to fredbisard

Anon

to fredbisard

Re: anyone having any luck getting firmware updated on owned modem?

So, I keep seeing that Charter doesn't support customer owned modems as of the summer of 2012. I have my own and have been using it since 2010, and, yes, I have changed my service in the past year and I am still using it. I think they still must allow it, just not "support" it.

defiant
Former Charter lackey
join:2013-03-22
Monroe, MI

defiant

If you moved to the new pricing and you were allowed to keep using your modem, then someone possibly looked the other way or wasn't paying attention.
whoaru99
join:2003-12-17

whoaru99 to boxfetish

to boxfetish
said by boxfetish :

So, I keep seeing that Charter doesn't support customer owned modems as of the summer of 2012. I have my own and have been using it since 2010, and, yes, I have changed my service in the past year and I am still using it. I think they still must allow it, just not "support" it.

To passerby's point, what do you mean by "changed my service"?

boxfetish
@charter.com

boxfetish

Anon

I mean that I upgraded from their 12mb service to their 30mb service.
haggelz
join:2010-07-04
Glendale, CA

haggelz to boxfetish

to boxfetish
said by boxfetish :

So, I keep seeing that Charter doesn't support customer owned modems as of the summer of 2012. I have my own and have been using it since 2010, and, yes, I have changed my service in the past year and I am still using it.

I also did this a month ago. I upgraded from my 15 meg package to 30 meg when I spoke to retentions, which they offered me at 39.99 for 12 months. They didn't even mention upgrading my modem or anything.