All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
cepnot4me
join:2013-10-29
L0C 1K0

cepnot4me

Rogers Cable In home Technician reviews?

I'm hoping to get some feedback from any Rogers Customers who have had a technician to their home in the last year or so.

What I am looking for.

1. (If you noticed) Was the technician a Rogers technician or A Rogers contracted technician? (sometimes it can be hard to tell the difference)
2. Was your appointment an install or a service call?
3. For what services? (Cable, Internet, Phone, Smart home monitoring, Fiber)
4. Were you pleased with the technician, his attitude, personality?
5. Were you pleased with his work?

In short I am looking for real customer feedback regarding the technician you dealt with. Not the product, the call center or Rogers as a whole, Just a review of that front line guy in your home. (Their name is not required.)

Good or Bad, Sometimes the techs are awesome and hit the mark dead on and sometimes they miss the mark.

Thank you!

JC_
Premium Member
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON

JC_

Premium Member

Almost all of the Rogers technicians that visit homes are contracted out.

1. My last from a Rogers tech was around 1.5 years and he was from SC360.
2. 3rd party internet install.
3. The tech was fine.
4. Work was fine.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to cepnot4me

Premium Member

to cepnot4me
I had a contractor show up Sept 1 to activate my TPIA service with Vmedia.

He didn't call in advance like he was supposed to (called when he was parked outside my home!) but I was up.

He came in, removed his shoes, did some work on his laptop to provision the modem, and put me on the wrong profile.

Not much else to say, did his job and left.
technocar2
join:2009-05-29
Brampton, ON

technocar2

said by elwoodblues:

He came in, removed his shoes, did some work on his laptop to provision the modem, and put me on the wrong profile.

Techs cannot pick profile; that's done by the backend staff.

DavePC
join:2013-08-18
Scarborough, ON
Sagemcom F@st 5689
Technicolor CGM4331
Obihai OBi200

DavePC to cepnot4me

to cepnot4me
I didn't receive a call from both of my Wirecomm techs, but for some random contracting company (white truck, dont know) I did get a call.
(contracted)

Two installs, two service. (same location for service)

Cable.

All of them were alright, Wirecomm techs were more open though, and In my opinion better. The white truck company guy was sort of a douche, he said he didn't have any RG6 even though he had some in his trunk (I could see, wanted a new line as old one was having problems), but he still got the work done. (cable from ped got cut)
cepnot4me
join:2013-10-29
L0C 1K0

cepnot4me

So I'm getting the vibe that for the most part it's an uneventful experience? Techs do what needs to be done, but don't leave any lasting impressions to either good or bad in most cases?

JC_
Premium Member
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON

JC_

Premium Member

said by cepnot4me:

So I'm getting the vibe that for the most part it's an uneventful experience? Techs do what needs to be done, but don't leave any lasting impressions to either good or bad in most cases?

I've had many Rogers techs over the years, some were actually from Rogers however most were contracted out and I've never had a negative experience with any of them. They were always polite and were easy to chat with about the whatever.

From what I can remember the techs always called before arriving and their time estimates were usually correct.