spc
Search similar:

uniqs
n0aaa
join:2011-12-19
Mount Vernon, IA

n0aaa

[IA] Mt. Vernon Oct. 29 internet drop, slow after, Pingtest always poor

Afternoon of Oct. 29 internet was down from about 2-5 p.m. Came back very slow until about now (noon on Oct. 30). Occasionally drops but usually runs 28.5 Mbps. Pingtest always "F" however. Frequent short drops are chronic here (Mt. Vernon near Cornell College). I've about given up on internet access to Sirius and often cannot watch videos through. Directly connected to router (Cisco DPC-3825). -Jan N0AAA

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

Thank You for the information. I have replied to your IM tto me as well. Feel free to reply to the IM and I will be more than happy to assist you however I can.
n0aaa
join:2011-12-19
Mount Vernon, IA

n0aaa

Thank you, Chad. Tech came out and did a very thorough job of checking things out, determined that it was at the pole or beyond (I am at the end of a line). Other places in town have zero packet drops and "A" Pingtests, so he is sending out more troops to check the lines down my block. 28-up and 1-1/2 down, as usual, but can hang or get jerky at any time. Will be glad to see the end of it. Nice to know the problem is not in the house. Will advise. Thanks.
n0aaa

n0aaa

Just had a 24-hour outage in Mt. Vernon, iA (near Cedar Rapids). Intermittent and slow, but seems to be back Saturday afternoon.
(only have broadband, were other services down?)

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

Thank you for the update. I show your trouble call is still open for Tuesday and I will followup with you then.