spc
Search similar:

uniqs

mrundecided
@172.56.21.x

mrundecided

Anon

[Networking] which fios plan to choose?

I plan on running nest 2nd gen thermostat, 2 roku 3 boxes, 2 xbox 360s, 1 xbox one, 1 desktop computer and a kindle fire hdx tablet.
I wanted to know which fios plan could run this without any issues

More Fiber
MVM
join:2005-09-26
Cape Coral, FL

More Fiber

MVM

It's not so much a matter of the devices you have, but what you're doing concurrently.

If both rokus, all 3 xboxes, the PC and the Kindle are all playing HD movies at the same time, that's going to eat some serious bandwidth. On the other hand, if no more that one device is playing a movie at a time, then 15/5 may be enough for you.
18286719 (banned)
join:2013-02-02
Whistler, BC

18286719 (banned)

lol 15 is enough for atleast 5 simultaneous streams, because most streams do not hit much higher then 3mbps, however they arent steady at this rate, they do buffer alot really quickly at 5-10mbps, then stop and go and stop and go, its pretty stupid but owelll, theoretically you have enough bandwidth for about 5 video streams, but because of the way buffering works more fiber could be correct

mrundecided
@verizon.net

mrundecided to mrundecided

Anon

to mrundecided
Thanks you guys.verizon reps was pushing for me toget a more expensive fios plan
elefante72
join:2010-12-03
East Amherst, NY

elefante72 to mrundecided

to mrundecided
How many people in the house?
The cost to go from 15/5 to 50/25 is only 10$.

In any case you can always start with 15/5 and if you have issues you can log on or upgrade on you stb in a few minutes.

The only time you would really notice is on downloads or if you are using cloud services

New netflix super hd I'm seeing 8mbps so you could stream 2 hidef in 15/5 or 4-5 hidef streams.

mrundecided
@tmodns.net

mrundecided

Anon

Its me , my wife and our 6 kids.11, 9, 7, 5,3 & 1 year old.
VirtualLarry
Premium Member
join:2003-08-01

VirtualLarry

Premium Member

That's a lot of simultaneous users. I would go for the 50/25.

Eddy120876
join:2009-02-16
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876 to mrundecided

to mrundecided
That's a good question. I also fall under the same issue. I do get several visitors that bring their own internet connected devices. total of 6,wiiu,laptop,desktop,internet connected tv,Apple tv and 3Ds. So like VirtualLarry say the 50/25 will work.