uniqs

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

Re: [X1] Xfinity X1 now available to New Customers

FYI - The latest X1 and X2 status/news from Comcast's quarterly earnings call this morning:
quote:
Comcast has deployed X1 on 90 percent of its footprint. "You will see us accelerate the pace of deployment to the customer," CEO Brian Roberts said on the earnings call, adding that Comcast will add new features and apps with the rollout of its X2 product. X2 is scheduled to be deployed by the end of 2013, and Comcast said it will step up marketing efforts for X2 in early 2014.
Extracted from:

Smit: Comcast could grow Xfinity footprint by licensing X1 to fellow cable MSOs
By Steve Donohue, FierceCable - October 30, 2013
»www.fiercecable.com/stor ··· 13-10-30
joejoejeo
join:2006-04-02
Bloomington, IN

joejoejeo

when i was chatting with a comcast cable serpervisor they told me to go to the settings menu, then click on device settings, then scroll down to device restart and then click the right arrow on your remote then hit ok on your remote and then it will restart that worked for me but if that does not work they told me they can send a download software flag to the box that will download the x1 software on restart of the device by the method i mentioned before in this post. it will download the x1 software even if you have the same version installed already
joejoejeo

1 edit

joejoejeo

the person also told me there is an easy way to get x2 but i dont have it here is how you get it apparently:
go to the settings menu, choose "Preferences', then click OK then navigate to "Version of x1 platform", there will be a prompt that will ask you if you would like to change to X2

update: the comcast cable supervisor just told me that it is the way comcast employees change to the x2 guide not comcast customers

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

2 edits

SeattleMatt to telcodad

Premium Member

to telcodad

New Firmware Today

Noticed my X1 DVR received updates today:

Server Firmware 1.34.05 (Build 4928)
STB Firmware-
Dated: October 21, 2013 (previous was 9/11)
Build: 1.3p1s2

** The "Made in Philadelphia w/ LOVE" message is now on the bottom of the screen**

Also, my 2 HD boxes received a STB Firmware update today (fairly recent build):

Dated: October 23, 2013 (previous was 8/29)
Build: 1.3p1s1

However, they're still on the previous Server Firmware (Build 4915).

telcodad
MVM
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

said by SeattleMatt:

Noticed my X1 DVR received updates today:

Server Firmware 1.34.05 (Build 4928)
STB Firmware-
Dated: October 21, 2013 (previous was 9/11)
Build: 1.3p1s2

** The "Made in Philadelphia w/ LOVE" message is now on the bottom of the screen**

Please let us know what other changes/improvements you find with Build 4928, as there are reports on the Comcast Support forum that this DVR update fixes some lost recording issues and makes the system seem more responsive: »forums.comcast.com/t5/X1 ··· /1897833
joejoejeo
join:2006-04-02
Bloomington, IN

joejoejeo

somebody from comcast today told me about a sign up form to let you know when x1 is going to be available again in your area the link is here »www.comcast.com/x1comingsoon

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt to telcodad

Premium Member

to telcodad
2 HD boxes now also on Build 4928. No issues so far.

BigBearsFan
join:2009-08-01
Galesburg, IL

BigBearsFan to telcodad

to telcodad
I don't know if it is new or I just hadn't noticed but when I hit the info button now it goes to split screen with the programming info on the right and if you hit info again it moves the program info to the left and puts the tv show in a small box in the upper right hand corner. You have to use the directional arrow to move back to full screen.Continuing to hit info button just flips things back and forth.Guide however is real fluid and it takes a lot to freeze it up,hold the page up or down button rapidly moves guide but upon release it quickly catches up and fills in programming.My box has not reverted back as of yet .

telcodad
MVM
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

Re: [X1] Xfinity X1 now available to New Customers

An article on the MCN site today, about Comcast testing a new, web-browser-based, IP video service that runs off the X1 platform, targeted to college students:

Comcast Tests IP Video Service Targeted To Universities
Set-Top-Free ‘Xfinity On Campus’ Service Debuts At Boston’s Emerson College

By Jeff Baumgartner, Multichannel News - November 8, 2013
»www.multichannel.com/dis ··· s/146562

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Interesting.

I'll put another notch in the belt of my theory they'll eventually use IPTV to send us new channels over the X1 and that's why they abandoned using the open QAM spaces here for new HD.

telcodad
MVM
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

said by telcodad:

FYI - The latest X1 and X2 status/news from Comcast's quarterly earnings call this morning:
:
Smit: Comcast could grow Xfinity footprint by licensing X1 to fellow cable MSOs
By Steve Donohue, FierceCable - October 30, 2013
»www.fiercecable.com/stor ··· 13-10-30

More progress being made on licensing the X1 platform to other cable MSOs, from today's quarterly earnings call:

Comcast, Cox In X1 Licensing Talks
Cox Says It’s Evaluating X1 As MSO Investigates Direction Of Next-Generation Video Services

By Jeff Baumgartner, Multichannel News - January 28, 2014
»www.multichannel.com/dis ··· s/147949