Premium Member
join:2009-03-06
Places

Meningitis

Premium Member

Identify this?

Click for full size
Click for full size
I'm not sure if this I the correct forum, but can anyone identify this connector?
JoelC707
Premium Member
join:2002-07-09
Lanett, AL

JoelC707

Premium Member

Is this something in your possession or something you saw elsewhere and just linked pictures to? I'm asking because I'm wondering if you know anything about the device itself and possibly could take any other pictures from different angles. It somewhat resembles a USB A connector but it's not that. Looks like only 3 pins inside the connector. I suspect it's a proprietary connector as it looks like nothing I've ever seen before (but there's a lot I haven't seen so...... lol).

creed3020
Premium Member
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON

creed3020 to Meningitis

Premium Member

to Meningitis
Is it even USB on the Male end? The photo is to fuzzy to even make that out.

As for the other end it looks about the width of Apple's new Lightning connector but I'm doubtful that this is what we're looking at.

Fraoch
join:2003-08-01
Cambridge, ON
SmartRG SR808ac
TP-Link EAP225
Grandstream HT502

Fraoch to Meningitis

to Meningitis
Click for full size
Click for full size
It's somewhat reminiscent of a mysterious 3-pin connector on my BlackBerry PlayBook. Yes, I have a BlackBerry PlayBook.

However the PB's connector has a broader pitch to the pins than that one, though I get the impression the pins are of the same diameter.

It's the top connector in these photos, almost in the centre of the photo.

mk1_416
@start.ca

mk1_416

Anon

Either I am hallucinating or the image is just that blurry but I see 3 LEDs inside the connector and no pins.
AsherN
Premium Member
join:2010-08-23
Thornhill, ON

AsherN to Fraoch

Premium Member

to Fraoch
The 3 pin connector on the PB is the charging contacts for the desktop charger.