All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

Xstar_Lumini
join:2008-12-14
CANADA

Xstar_Lumini to telco_mtl

to telco_mtl

Re: Only 240 Miles For A Full Tank On A V6 3.4 L Engine?

said by telco_mtl:

that l per hour one really makes you think twice about idleing a car believe me.

It was 28 F but extremely windy at 5:30am, I don't care if I have to pay an extra $3 of fuel to be in comfort for 1 hour, with the heat off the windows start to fog-up and I start to cough, the ambient in the car gets colder than outside. It's gets to -20 below zero here every winter so I have to keep the idling going.

I have noticed that the gauge needle for the temperature sometimes reaches 3/4th of the way up but it comes down to a little below half. But I have noticed that it takes time for the heat to come through the vents when I turn on the heat. Eventually it heats up though.

At YOU guys' advice right now the car is at a mechanic shop, changing the thermostat and the temp sensor, I will update if the fuel consumption changes for the better.

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member
join:2004-06-21

1 edit

Anonymous_

Premium Member

said by Xstar_Lumini:

I have noticed that the gauge needle for the temperature sometimes reaches 3/4th of the way up but it comes down to a little below half. But I have noticed that it takes time for the heat to come through the vents when I turn on the heat. Eventually it heats up though.

should not take more then a mile or 2 to start putting out hot air. My car starts putting out hot air after 1 to 2 miles even if it is 20F outside.

just like today 1.5 miles it was putting out hot air. that was at 35F engine start temperature.

my car does idle high though tell warmed up about 1,200-1,300 rpm
normal idle is 700-750rpm ish.

if it takes any longer, you may have a issue with the heater pump in your car.600

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium Member
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30

3 recommendations

Doctor Olds

Premium Member

said by Anonymous_:

just like today 1.5 miles i was putting out hot air. that was at 35F engine start temperature.

You should have been putting out hot air every time you breath out unless I misunderstand biology 101.
said by Anonymous_:

if it takes any longer, you may have a issue with the heater pump in your car.

Yeah, that's a common failure, the heater pump. Where is that? On the heater core to pump heating water into the passenger compartment?

mattmag

join:2000-04-09
NW Illinois

1 recommendation

mattmag

said by Doctor Olds:

Yeah, that's a common failure, the heater pump. Where is that?

It's right next to his blinker fluid reservoir.

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member
join:2004-06-21

2 edits

Anonymous_ to Doctor Olds

Premium Member

to Doctor Olds
said by Doctor Olds:

said by Anonymous_:

just like today 1.5 miles i was putting out hot air. that was at 35F engine start temperature.

You should have been putting out hot air every time you breath out unless I misunderstand biology 101.
said by Anonymous_:

Yeah, that's a common failure, the heater pump. Where is that? On the heater core to pump heating water into the passenger compartment?

heater core needs coolant running in it for it to work correctly there for the pump could be weak/ slow valve .

it does not work off convention.

obviously the t button did not get pressed
you get a little particle under the keyboard is does not press any thing.
damn laptop keyboards
said by mattmag:

said by Doctor Olds:

blinkers contain Halogen, Halogen is a gas and not a fluid. technically I would need a Halogen reservoir rather then a fluid reservoir
H_T_R_N (banned)
join:2011-12-06
Valencia, PA

H_T_R_N (banned)

said by Anonymous_:

said by Doctor Olds:

said by Anonymous_:

said by Anonymous_:

heater core needs coolant running in it for it to work correctly there for the pump could be weak/ slow valve .

it does not work off convention.

obviously the t button did not get pressed
you get a little particle under the keyboard is does not press any thing.
damn laptop keyboards
said by mattmag:

said by Doctor Olds:

blinkers contain Halogen, Halogen is a gas and not a fluid. technically I would need a Halogen reservoir rather then a fluid reservoir

WOW, just WOW!

shdesigns