spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Dbell
@216.163.38.x

Dbell to Golferdude

Anon

to Golferdude

Re: Millenicom to BMI ... your experience.

NP, The call took me by surprise actually. Hopefully it means they are starting to make some headway with activations and will get everyone going this week.

vobguy
A fool with a tool is still a fool
Premium Member
join:2003-01-21
Mineral, VA

vobguy to Golferdude

Premium Member

to Golferdude
Well.. I didn't get a call, but hearing someone else was activated, I went to try again, even though I tried earlier today... and....
instead of Activation Fail.... I got "Activation in Progress" !!!!!!!!

** doing my best version of Jungle Boogie **

It updated PRL, then suddenly, I was able to connect, and use the device. The boys at home will be happy since I haven't allowed them to download any games, videos or updates for ipod apps for almost a month

hitokage
join:2002-02-21
Frederick, MD

hitokage to Jim_in_VA

to Jim_in_VA
I finally got my old AC595 activated today with BMI. My account apparently ended-up in limbo, but all is good now. I did go through tech support this time instead of sales, so if anyone else is still having trouble, you might try that department.

I forgot to ask when I was on the phone with them how they handle ESN swaps - does anyone here know? I ask because if I'm still limited to cellular based internet when Sprint turns on LTE in the area, I'm very likely going to swap out my modem.

Jack_in_VA
Premium Member
join:2007-11-26
North, VA

Jack_in_VA to DBell

Premium Member

to DBell
said by DBell :

It is my understanding from a very lengthy conversation with someone that is in this business (mvno) and knows Dennis personally that Millenicom made some decisions that hurt them with Sprint. Did not get in depth detail only that this person was not surprised when the plug was pulled. Apparently this goes back @ a year and a half ago when the decision was made that eventually hurt Dennis, millenicom and us. My personal guess is that it was something in the T's and C's with millenicoms deal to sprint or said "gateway" provider that was not upright or attempted to shortcut.

For someone who had a lenghty conversation with someone in the business that knows Dennis you sure either were not interested in details or the person didn't really have any details. At any rate there in no useful information in your post to draw any conclusions from. You should have got the "what the decision that hurt Dennis a year and a half ago" was.

If this person really had the answer he/she probably would have revealed it given your description that "he knows Dennis".

WirelessLess
@spcsdns.net

WirelessLess

Anon

For those of you keeping score at home, you may add another seemingly successful BMI activation of a former Millenicom Unlimited Plan customer. Please notice that this is my first post untarnished by the "popsite.net" domain that designates my dialup service.

The USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope sent to me Friday by BMI was delivered today. It contained the Sprint (Franklin Wireless) U301 USB device, a CD bearing the executable file to install Sprint SmartView 2.61.0038, and a single-page BMI Mobile Broadband Quick Install Guide (v.2).

My entire installation process consisted of inserting my U301 device into a USB port, opening Sprint SmartView (which I had left installed when my Millenicom service ended), and selecting Update Data Profile under Tools in the SmartView menu bar. There is nothing like spending three-and-a-half weeks on a subsistence diet of half-strength dialup to underscore the advantages of returning to 3G mobile wireless internet. Perhaps those still waiting to have service activated with BMI will be encouraged by my experience.

Dbell
@216.163.38.x

2 recommendations

Dbell to Jack_in_VA

Anon

to Jack_in_VA
Jack,
The portion of my lengthy conversation discussing Dennis was fairly short. Not sure why but if you see Dennis name you for some reason become uptight and defensive. This is a board to converse and share regardless of what you feel someone should or should not have included in their conversations. I respect this persons decision not to go into great detail and share "family business". My posting was intended to address those who think it was excessive use and poor monitoring by Millenicom as the reason why the plug was pulled. Can't wait for your response to this one.
masonsjax
join:2013-01-11
Myersville, MD

masonsjax to Jim_in_VA

to Jim_in_VA
So much drama in this forum!

I finally appear to have been activated by BMI. They called me on Friday evening while I was driving and asked me to give them the ESN. Not easy to do while in the car and talking on the very phone you need to look the number up on in your email. Also strange because I sent it to them in multiple emails, via the online chat, and in voice messages when calling, but this guy said he didn't have it.

He told me he would activate my device immediately and to try it when I get home. I tried a couple times per day and finally last night it connected to 3g and passed traffic. I'm at my sister's house this week so I can't try LTE until i get back home, but I assume it works as before.

Jack_in_VA
Premium Member
North, VA

2 edits

Jack_in_VA to Dbell

Premium Member

to Dbell
said by Dbell :

Jack,
The portion of my lengthy conversation discussing Dennis was fairly short. Not sure why but if you see Dennis name you for some reason become uptight and defensive. This is a board to converse and share regardless of what you feel someone should or should not have included in their conversations. I respect this persons decision not to go into great detail and share "family business". My posting was intended to address those who think it was excessive use and poor monitoring by Millenicom as the reason why the plug was pulled. Can't wait for your response to this one.

The portion of my lengthy conversation discussing Dennis was fairly short

Not uptight or defensive. You threw out Dennis for what? Impress us? IMO you should not have even posted what you did as you clearly had no pertinent information on the Millenicom/Sprint situation as you claim to "respect" the persons decision not to tell you any details. That decision was fine. Personally I think that your claimed intention actually did not address anything useful to those of us who would like some actual accurate information.

I've talked to Dennis several times on the phone. Does that qualify me as knowing Dennis? Perhaps so.

Hope I didn't make you wait too long.

Dbell
@216.163.38.x

Dbell

Anon

Here we go again with the Dennis man crush deal. Fact of the matter is Dennis Castle screwed over many of us by not handling his business / our internet connection's in a manner that was either professional or ethical. Go ahead and pick apart posters in this forum who aren't so excited about Dennis. I personally believe you go straight to the top lets say the decision maker in matters like this one. If their was another person who made the decisions around Millenicom I would certainly be "throwing out" their name. Understand I could care less about impressing you or anyone in this forum. My posts have been factual to what took place 100% of the time. Speaking of what took place is what left many of us w/o internet services for nearly a month. Not to mention the fairly large investments many of us made to get the services up and running at our homesteads. Fact: Dennis knew there were issues long before this happened. Fact: If he would have advised of this possibility to his customers many of us could have made other arrangements ahead of time to get off the sinking ship. Fact: I believe you are 100% naive and for that reason I will not respond to another post of yours which gives me the final word. I know this will really bother a guy like you to no end. Have a great Holiday Season.

Jack_in_VA
Premium Member
North, VA

Jack_in_VA

Premium Member

Final word on what? Your insane hatred of Dennis Castle who you blame for your lack of ability to manage your internet options? I've never missed a minute of internet because of the Sprint problem or had to spend any extra money and neither have many others. In fact I have LTE now that I didn't have before so I gained from this.

The final word from you would be a great event.

At any rate your post speaks for itself. Do me a favor and don't reply. In fact why don't you put me on ignore... Oh I forgot you aren't a member of dslreports so you can't put me on ignore.
IowaMudRider
join:2013-09-12
Montrose, IA

IowaMudRider

said by Jack_in_VA:

why don't you put me on ignore

theres an ignore option on this forum? hmmm that could come in handy

Dbell
@216.163.38.x

Dbell

Anon

I believe we all have the ignore option. Member or not. Its just a matter of having the self discipline to use it or not.
kazkaz
Premium Member
join:2006-01-02
Houston, TX

kazkaz

Premium Member

Well, I thought my problems had been solved. So Tony was finally able to put the modem they sent me onto an active account instead of an inactive one on Friday. It worked great over the weekend. Go to connect Monday and guess what? It's acting like the account they put it on is now inactive. So of course I call in an hold for 20+ minutes for Tony, only to be sent straight to his VM when they finally transfer me. It's like a cruel joke.
Golferdude
join:2009-04-01
Georgetown, TX

Golferdude

I am still not activated. I called this afternoon and actually got into support within a couple of minutes, if not a minute. And it was Tony. He checked my ESN and said it was clean. He said he needed to resubmit my ESN for activation again, so another 48 hours. Sound familiar? But it was nice to get straight in. So hopefully it is calming down for everyone. Guess it will be Black Friday when mine gets up and going...lol

vobguy
A fool with a tool is still a fool
Premium Member
join:2003-01-21
Mineral, VA

vobguy

Premium Member

Sorry to hear it, since you got your device same place I got mine. I am actually posting from it right now to save some of the data on my Millenicom Verizon mifi.
It is funny, they lost my info originally, so I had to call Tony, but it looks like Tony's transaction got cancelled and refunded to my credit card a few days later. Then the original guy I talked to called me over the weekend, and I gave him the same ESN I gave to Tony , and it worked on Monday afternoon.

So I hope I won't have kazkaz's problem. Would really suck to get disconnected on Thanksgiving, but at least we still have the other mifi. Just have to tell the kids to stop playing online games for a few days again.
kazkaz
Premium Member
join:2006-01-02
Houston, TX

kazkaz

Premium Member

said by vobguy:

So I hope I won't have kazkaz's problem.

It's awesome! Nothing like calling in time after time and sitting on hold forever with no answers. Called in about 4:30 their time and sat on hold for another 30 minutes or so waiting to be transferred to Tony. This time they told me that he knew I was going to be transferred to him and they waited until he was off the call he was on and he was supposedly ready for me. They transfer me... boom.. straight to voicemail. Call back in and they are closed and I get the extension 300 general voicemail or whatever.
wirelessdog
join:2008-07-15
Queen Anne, MD

wirelessdog to Jack_in_VA

to Jack_in_VA
Last I checked, Jack, anyone could post on this forum. Your piss-poor attempt to censor information or posters here is in violation of site policy.
Expand your moderator at work

Jack_in_VA
Premium Member
North, VA

3 edits

Jack_in_VA to wirelessdog

Premium Member

to wirelessdog

Re: Millenicom to BMI ... your experience.

said by wirelessdog:

Last I checked, Jack, anyone could post on this forum. Your piss-poor attempt to censor information or posters here is in violation of site policy.

Nobody is saying you or anyone else cant post so get off it. I've made no attempt whatsoever to prevent anyone from posting just suggesting DBELL put me on ignore since he apparently can't stand for anyone to oppose his views on Dennis. If you happen to read it was he that attacked me not the other way around. You have an attitude and a problem to attack someone who did nothing to you. IMO. DBELL is the one with the problem with his Dennis posts that he can do nothing but read his own writing changing nothing.

When did Grobinette make you forum monitor?
wirelessdog
Queen Anne, MD

wirelessdog to Jim_in_VA

to Jim_in_VA
You've been attacking Dbell for nearly a month now if memory serves me correctly. I should have kept track of the many posts of yours that were deleted.

Jack_in_VA
Premium Member
North, VA

Jack_in_VA

Premium Member

Grobinette will delete any that are inappropriate. Like I said I don't recall Grobinette making you forum monitor so it wouldn't be up to you to keep track of anything I do
wirelessdog
Queen Anne, MD

wirelessdog to Jim_in_VA

to Jim_in_VA
said by Jack_in_VA:

Grobinette will delete any that are inappropriate.

Something you are well familiar with

compuguybna
join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN

1 recommendation

compuguybna to Jim_in_VA

to Jim_in_VA
this forum should be called MilleniDrama.

or Dramillicom.... LOL

Good afternoon reading though.

Jack_in_VA
Premium Member
North, VA

1 edit

Jack_in_VA to Jim_in_VA

Premium Member

to Jim_in_VA
I guess the transition from Millenicom to BMI did not match the expectations of some people posting here.

Compuguybma I like your MilleniDrama label though Probably will have some more to read while eating our leftover Turkey sandwiches.

No internet
@myvzw.com

No internet to hitokage

Anon

to hitokage
How did you get the tech dept? I have tried all of BMIs lines . All I get is a recording to leave a msg. Or a long wait that no one ever answers. I tried the support line, still no answer. Ihave talked to people a few times but no one seems to know anything in the sales, billing or operator lines. Tony never calls back as promised. I was not an abuser with Millenicom as I rarely used more than 5-10gb per mo. On unlimited plan. I never I over 4 yrs had a bad payment. I just don't understand why the good customers are being ignored and some of the abusers were activated.

hitokage
join:2002-02-21
Frederick, MD

1 edit

hitokage

All I did was call (800) 485-5006, pressed option 2 (which I think the recording says if for tech support), and was fortunate enough that I got a person after waiting on hold for about 8-10 minutes (the total time from dialing until completed activation was about 40 minutes).

There were times where I also left a message and never received a call back. I didn't get follow-up after I spoke with Tony and e-mailed copies of the sign-up form and clean ESN form that I had submitted on the website either.

I just hope that if I ever need to contact them in the future there aren't any problems.

EDIT: I noticed you stated that you normally used only around 5-10GB a month. You should be able to stick with Millenicom if you have decent Verizon coverage - it's good for up to 20GB.

no internetz
@myvzw.com

no internetz

Anon

I would stay with Mcon but the the other half wants the larger cap, not sure why as we have never come close to it. I finally got someone today only to pass me to billing who of course never answer or return calls.

no internet
@myvzw.com

no internet

Anon

After the last post I kept calling until I got to talk with a person. She took info then put me on several long holds to finally tell me that Tony would call me in 15-20 minutes. That was over 2 hrs ago. I just don't understand why I cant

compuguybna
join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN

compuguybna to Jack_in_VA

to Jack_in_VA
Yah, HOW many days will we have to eat leftovers! LOL
Even had them at work today!
said by Jack_in_VA:

Compuguybna I like your MilleniDrama label though Probably will have some more to read while eating our leftover Turkey sandwiches.

Jack_in_VA
Premium Member
North, VA

Jack_in_VA

Premium Member

said by compuguybna:

Yah, HOW many days will we have to eat leftovers! LOL
Even had them at work today!

said by Jack_in_VA:

Compuguybna I like your MilleniDrama label though Probably will have some more to read while eating our leftover Turkey sandwiches.

Just finished Turkey Mashed Potatoes etc. Hopefully they will be gone real soon. I know I was stuffed yesterday and miserable last night.