spc
uniqs

PUFF it
@videotron.ca

PUFF it to GeorgeBurger

Anon

to GeorgeBurger

Re: VMedia

The crap you put up with by cheap customers trying to get freebies and living in fly-by-night apartments must make you nuts.

I wouldn't have had your patience.

By the way, can I too have a 39$ credit refunded to me, a free speed bump, and a free install for a service I won't pay you for? Thanks.

Seems the crack in Toronto is good.

Oh, if you don't give it to me (the free service and money, not the crack), I will bad mouth you in forums.

Hows the blood pressure?
Expand your moderator at work

MJB33
join:2012-01-29

MJB33

why don't you talk with rogers the one that is hated in this province
Expand your moderator at work
koreyb
Open the Canadian Market NOW
join:2005-01-08
Etobicoke, ON

koreyb to PUFF it

to PUFF it

said by PUFF it :

The crap you put up with by cheap customers trying to get freebies and living in fly-by-night apartments must make you nuts.

I wouldn't have had your patience.

By the way, can I too have a 39$ credit refunded to me, a free speed bump, and a free install for a service I won't pay you for? Thanks.

Seems the crack in Toronto is good.

Oh, if you don't give it to me (the free service and money, not the crack), I will bad mouth you in forums.

Hows the blood pressure?

No it's called the new "ENTITLED" MENTALITY that some Canadian's have been developing especially in Toronto.

MJB33
join:2012-01-29

MJB33

vmedia is at the mercy of rogers (ROGERS is one you need to go after) they run on the last mile of the big telecoms

XoX
join:2003-08-19
Qc, Canada

XoX to koreyb

to koreyb
said by koreyb:

No it's called the new "ENTITLED" MENTALITY that some Canadian's have been developing especially in Toronto.

Sadly it's becoming far to common even in smaller town.
sourp
join:2013-09-19

sourp

There are enough happy customers here who will refuse to believe that vmedia has done anything wrong, so I’m not going to bother trying to convince any of them. George, on the other hand, you should pay attention to this post because you’re going over the notes your customer service reps passed along to you. Let me correct the most crucial part that started the whole mess.

There was never a third service address, ever. I’ve only lived in two places, and had no reason to add another service address. I spoke to a customer service rep and asked if she should ship the modem to my office. She said she could, but I reminded her that that was not the service address, she seemed to understand that. At no point did she say "No we can't do that; you can only have one address." Once more before I ended the phone call, I reminded her what the service address was. Following that phone call, I had three other CS reps confirm that my service address was what they had in the system, we know how that turned out.

Therein lies the biggest problem I had with your CS reps: They confirm things that really aren’t confirmed at all. They confirmed my address and phone number three to four times, they confirmed that I’d get my refunds and upgrade on Oct. 1, and when that didn’t happen, they confirmed that it will all happen in a few days. There was no ambiguity here; they didn’t say “Maybe” or “Let me get back to you as soon as I can confirm it.” they just said “Yes, it’s done.” There’s no other way to interpret that except “They forgot, again, let me call them to remind them.” This is precisely why, when I was offered the discounted package for a three-month period, I wanted it up front -- I had absolutely no confidence that your operations would remember to apply the discount three months in a row. I was sure I’d have to keep calling again and again just to make sure.

The start date wasn’t deferred due to my choice; that’s another miscommunication in your notes. The first Roger’s technician that showed up on the 25th told me that my lines were dead, and that he’d have to send another technician with a drill on the 28th. The second tech took one look at the lines and confirmed that they were fine. This was not something I blamed vmedia for; not once.

To anyone who thinks it’s unreasonable to ask for compensation for a screw-up, you might feel differently if you made several attempts to make sure your information was accurate, only to have it botched because someone didn’t actually do what they confirmed they would.