how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

texastown

join:2008-04-25
Plano, TX

Scam Email?

Got the below email this AM with a "normal" looking Verizon background. Pretty sure it's a scam email. Checked my account by logging in thru the official sign in and nothing is mentioned. Anyone else get this?

Verizon

Dear Valued Verizon Customer,

An issue has been detected impacting all of your Verizon FiOS services. This includes using the Internet, email, home telephone, watching FiOS® TV, and Video on Demand.

Please visit verizon.com/outage for more information and to request automatic updates.

Sincerely,

Your Verizon Team

matcarl
Premium
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

1 edit

Others have gotten that too. I think that is an email they do send out. It's not asking you to give them any personal information. Seems legit.

texastown

join:2008-04-25
Plano, TX
reply to texastown

You are correct. I called Verizon and they confirmed the email saying they send it out so customers know what to do in case something malfunctions. He said he didn't see any malfunctions so who knows why it's worded that way?

matcarl
Premium
Franklin Square, NY

1 edit

I just got an email that looks phony. Anyone else get this:

Greetings!

Please take a few moments to answer a brief survey about our bill experience. Please download and print (double-sided) the attached bill by clicking the link "Bill E" before completing the survey.

Bill E
Follow this link to the Survey:
Take the Survey
Or copy and paste the URL below into your internet browser:
survey.az1.qualtrics.com/WRQualtricsSurveyEngine/?Q_SS=2rtApu6DGdYt2wB_3JAeFVkGqCmryOV&_=1

Sincerely,
Verizon User Experience

[Mod note - Link made so it isn't clickable. --sash]

squirrel21

join:2007-03-12
New Port Richey, FL
reply to texastown

Verizon doesn't warn about shit! If you get an email to solve a problem, that should be the first clue you're being scammed!

birdfeedr
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-11
Warwick, RI
kudos:9
reply to matcarl

where did the link to "Bill E" point to?

matcarl
Premium
Franklin Square, NY

said by birdfeedr:

where did the link to "Bill E" point to?

I deleted the email and I think the mod removed the link, sorry.

kes601

join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA
kudos:2
reply to matcarl

It's legit, they are running a survey for a new look for paper bills.

Rattler

join:2001-04-13
Havertown, PA

I got the same "Customer Experience" email, yesterday, about the bill but have not responded yet. I've seen them in the past and, AFAIK, they are legit.
--
Never raise your hands to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected. -- Red Buttons

matcarl
Premium
Franklin Square, NY

Thanks Kes & Rattler. It didn't look like a professional email at all, but now I know for next time.

kes601

join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA
kudos:2

I agree, I really thought it was a scam at first too. They really need to work on their wording of the survey emails.

daghis
Premium
join:2004-07-22
Canonsburg, PA
reply to texastown

I've gotten about half a dozen of these "Bill Survey" messages today. I've just been deleting them.

I did look at the headers of the latest one, and Google is suggesting that SPF, DKIM, and DMARC all pass. I did a quick manual SPF verification, and it seems to look like it's coming from a sender that Verizon (indirectly) authorizes.

matcarl
Premium
Franklin Square, NY

I've gotten about 4 in the last couple of days myself, it's getting a bit ridiculous now. It acts like a spam email. What company would continually send the same email so many times?

renormalize

join:2008-09-11
Newark, DE
reply to texastown

I also have received four of these emails in the last couple of days, but only one of the three was actually a duplicate. The others link to downloads and surveys regarding three distinctly different FiOS bill formats that Verizon is apparently testing. Two of the formats are identical or similar to Verizon's existing bills, but one is organized in a much better manner imho. I went ahead and responded to the surveys telling them which one I prefer. But a warning: the surveys are quite detailed, repetitive and time-consuming, and require doing some arithmetic. Reminded me of doing my income tax!